t w e n t y t h r e e

Y/N stood in front of Lauren's house, doing nothing but staring at it. She didn't even know why she left a wonderful woman in the party to go for someone who wouldn't say a word to her. Y/N thought for a second that it was stupid and she'd rather go back to the party but she noticed the dim light coming from Lauren's room. It was past eleven and she was still awake.

Y/N took a deep breath and walked to the front door. She struggled a little, quite tipsy from the alcohol, and chuckled to herself when it was locked. Of course it was locked.

She saw a table by the veranda of Lauren's room. She placed it until it was directly under the veranda and carefully stood on it. It was stupid to do all this while she was slightly drunk but she'd go in one way or another. The table wasn't enough for her to reach the second floor but if she jumped as high as she could, she'd just pull herself up.

With determination, Y/N jumped up and her hands touched the ledge of the veranda. It was enough for her to hold on but her vision began to spin slowly, the effect of the alcohol kicking in.

"Fuck," Y/N muttered and did her best to pull herself up.

She decided she was too heavy for herself tonight and gave up her quest to climb Lauren's veranda. She landed on her back with a thud and a groan, instantly regretting that she had the courage to do that but didn't think of how much it would hurt.

Lauren wiped her tears when she heard the commotion downstairs. Panicked, she grabbed her old softball bat and stealthily headed down. She cursed herself when she forgot her phone charging in her room but if she'd come back to get it, the assumed thief would kill her first. She leaned against the windowsill in their living room and saw nothing. Tiptoeing silently to the door, she saw a lying figure in her front yard and her heart dropped when a thought crossed her mind that the person could be another victim.

However, the figure had familiar features and style. She opened the door gently and observed the surroundings. When she saw nothing suspicious, she hurried towards the woman and sighed in annoyance when her guess was correct.

"Ryford, what the fuck?!" Lauren hissed as she inspected the billionaire, throwing her bat to the side.

Y/N didn't move, just stared at the green-eyed girl with her bloodshot ones. Her arms and legs were outstretched and she smirked up at Lauren. "You're going to catch a thief in those?"

She motioned to the Cuban's white tank top and red loose sleeping shorts. Her stiffened nipples were noticeable as well, which made Y/N's smirk larger.

"Might as well ask him to fuck you," the billionaire continued, making Lauren pinch her inner thigh. "Aw, fuck!"

"What are you even doing here?" Lauren asked angrily, but Y/N was obviously occupied by something else.

Her face dropped as she kept her gaze intently on Lauren's face. "You were crying."

She could still see the streak of tears on her cheeks and her nose was quite red with her eyes puffy. She tried to reach her but her arm was too heavy and it fell beside her as Lauren pulled back and stood up straight.

"That's none of your business."

"I was trying to climb up to your room but I fell," Y/N answered the question she asked earlier. "Did I got fat? Why am I so heavy?"

"Go home," Lauren said, picking up her bat. "You're drunk."

"You're letting me go home drunk?"

Lauren stood there for a moment, her back on Y/N. She finally let out a sigh in frustration and helped the billionaire up on her feet.