Chapter 29

I was about to enter the apartment complex, before May appeared in front of me in a panic. She grabbed my shoulders.

"Are you okay?" She asked on the verge of tears before pulling me into her for a hug.

"U-Uh, yeah, I'm fine," I say, hugging her back. "What's wrong?"

May let go of me and grabbed my shoulders again.

"The coffee shop you and Peter like to go in was just attacked, one of my friends told me she saw you in there when the Mangler attacked it, he took someone!" She said, about to cry.

"I-I'm fine! H-He didn't hurt me, I'm okay May," I said.

"But it's not okay!" She says. "This is your second time encountering that maniac! You were at that party and now the coffee shop? What if you become a target?"

I look down at the ground, not wanting to look her in the eye.

"Sorry," I say for some reason.

"No, don't be sorry, just," She huffs. "Be careful. I'll have this same talk with Peter."

I nod my head, looking up at her again. She sighs before hugging me again. I hug her back.

When she hugged me for the second time, I realized that she was like my mother. She was one of the only women to actually be there for me through all this. She cares about me. If she didn't, she wouldn't have freaked out when she found out is was in the attack.

---

I was sitting in Peter's room again, staring at the paper with the address on it, when Peter walked in, with his earbuds on.

He smiles at me and I weakly smile back. He takes out his earbuds.

"Hey," He says happily.

"Hey," I smile. My smile then fades when I'm about to tell him what happened. "You might want to hear this."

His smile turns to a faint frown. He then sits down on the bed next to me and stares at me.

"What?" He asks.

"So, we might not be able to go to our coffee shop for a while," I say. His eyes widen.

"W-What? Why?" He asks.

"It's destroyed," I say, taking out the paper. "He did it."

Peter's jaw clenches. He knows who I'm talking about.

"Mangler," He mumbles. He then looks worried. "Wait? You saw him? Did he hurt you?"

"N-No, I'm fine," I say, calming him down. "But, he took the woman working at the counter. He said he would have taken me, but it was too early. Then he gave me this."

I handed the slip of paper to Peter. He read it.

"38 Raven Dr?" He says before looking at me again.

"He said he wanted you to find them, the victims. He said he wanted you to fight him, he said he wanted action, because it's fun," I say. He stares at me for a few moments.

"Let's go," He says before getting up and moving to his bookbag.

"Where?" I say.

"38 Raven Dr," He says, pulling out his suit and begins to change.

"Both of us?" I say, surprised.

"Yeah," He says slipping his suit onto his almost naked body. I stared at him, shocked that he was letting me go with him. He pulled his mask onto his head and tightened his suit.

"Y-You want me to go with you?" I asked, sounding like an idiot. Of course he wanted you to go with him you dumbass.

"Uh, yeah. I do," He says walking over to me. He grabs my hands and squeezes them. "I have a plan."

"What if this plan crashes and burns?" I ask.

"I don't think this one will," He says unsure.

"Alright, whatever you say," I say as he lets go of my hands.

"Meet me out in the front, I'll put the address in my GPS system," He says before opening his window and sliding out. I walk out of Peters room and close the door behind me.

I sneak past May, who was sleeping on the couch, and exit the apartment.

I got to the front of the apartment complex and felt Peter's strong arms wrap around me and pull me up into the air.

---

About an hour later, we arrived to the country side again, like the party. He swung us into a large tree and we saw a small one story home. It was tiny, most likely old people lived there.

No cars were outside the home.

"This is it?" I ask, confused.

"Yep, 38 Raven Dr."

"What's the plan?" I ask him.

"Alright, we will both get in there and look for all the hostages, then when we do, you'll set them free while I look out for Mangler. When he arrives, I'll beat the hell out of him and he'll be arrested," Peter says confidently.

"Okay, alright," I say. He then hands me some web and lowers me down. After He lowers me down, he hops down from the tree.

We walk over to the small house.

It was tiny. Super tiny. A window was wide open, it looked a little sketchy. Peter points to the window.

"That's our way in and out as of right now," Peter says before approaching the window. I hear him take a deep breath before climbing through the window. I look around at my surroundings before climbing through the window.

As my feet touch the ground, I immediately smell old perfume? It was definitely the smell of an old woman.

The house was tiny. The entire house was an entire room. It had a stove in the corner of the room and a bed in the other corner. In the middle of the room was a rug with a table on top of it. There were pictures of random objects all over the walls. The house had a single light bulb hanging from the ceiling. The ceiling was cracked.

It was so strange.

How could anyone live here? There wasn't even a bathroom.

"This makes no sense, how could he hide all those hostages here?" Peter wonders out loud. I look over at him.

Then I had a thought.

"What if they are here?" I say. He looks over at me.

"How?"

"Well," I say, looking around. "My dad hid the Spahrite thing in a hidden compartment under his bed, so maybe there is a trap door somewhere."

The eyes on Peter's mask widen.

"That's perfect!" He says before walking over to the bed, and moves it over. I walk over to the table and move it over.

I then start to push the rug out of the way.

"Nothing under here," I here Peter grumble. I then get the rug out of the way, exposing a large trap door. I stand back up and stare at it.

"Found it," I say, uneasily. Peter walks over to me and stares at the trap door.

"Oh shit," I hear him mumble.

I bend back over and pull on the handle, opening the trap door.

I immediately smell a horrible, rotten smell. I gag at the smell, Peter does too. My ears then were filled with cries and moans. Horrible cries and horrible moans.

I looked over at Peter, horrified.

"We found them."