Chapter 31

"Hey, you know people only poison apples in fairytales, right?"

Then Peter gasps before ducking as a blue blast comes towards us. He pops back up and laughs before swinging towards him. I pop up from my hiding spot and see Peter punching the Mangler in the face. He drops to the ground but quickly aims his gun at Peter and shoots.

Peter goes flying back. I gasp and start to move towards the struggling Peter on the ground but stop. I look over at the Mangler as he was fixing his mask. He had yet to see me. Then Peter was back up and shooting webs at Mangler.

They continued to fight as I started to run to the people. I started to untie people. I looked over my shoulder and saw that Peter had gotten Mangler out of the area and upstairs in the house. I looked back at everyone.

"When I untie you, get the hell out of here and go to the police," I say before moving to untie more people.

I get at least seven people untied before I got to Katy. I took the tape off her mouth as she moved her hands from behind her back. She had tears in her eyes.

"H-Hey," I saw cupping her cheeks as she sniffled trying to keep the tears from flowing. "It's okay, you're okay."

"But what if he get's hurt? What if you get hurt?" She sniffles.

"He won't, I won't either," I say before looking over at a woman I had just untied. "Take her with you, please."

The woman nods her head as I helped Katy up from the ground. The woman took her hand and went towards the ladder. I watched as Katy and the woman disappear from view until I started to untie the others.

Everyone I untied were injured, some people had trouble even climbing up the ladder. It made me feel guilty for some reason, I don't know why it made me feel guilty. I didn't cause this.

I finally finished untieing everyone. They all escaped. Then I was alone. It was silent. I started to walk towards the ladder when something caught my eye.

Something shiny was sticking out of the wall.

I looked over towards the shining object in the wall and walked towards it. Once I got near it, I could see it clearly.

It was a doorknob.

The doorknob was just there. No door. Unless there was a door, just hidden.

I reached out for the doorknob but hesitated. I looked over my shoulder and listen for a moment to tell if they were near, but they weren't.

I turned back to the doorknob and grabbed it. I slowly turned the knob and surely enough, opened a door.

The room was dark. I walk in and felt the wall next to me for a switch, and I felt one. I flipped the switch and dim lights lit up the room. I closed the door behind me as my eyes adjusted to the lights.

The room was covered in pictures. A table sat in the middle of the room with more pictures on it. I walked to the table and looked at the pictures.

They were of the victims.

Pictures of the coffee shop employee, the woman who took Katy with her, Katy. Lots of the people I saw. Then there were the pictures of the people he killed, which were marked with red X's over their faces.

I picked up the picture that Peter brought me the other day, the one with the little girl. I put it down in disgust. I then looked over towards the wall, and noticed something.

I slowly moved towards the wall with most of the pictures on them.

They were of me and Peter.