Chapter 30

Peter climbed down the latter that was connected to the trap door. I gulped as I climbed down behind him. I closed the trap door behind me.

Once my feet hit the ground, I turned to see we were in a huge room, surrounded by the mssing victims.

It was horrifying. Most of them were either dead or badly injured. As we came into their view, the cries and moans stopped and turned into whispers of how Spider-Man was here.

"Oh my God," I hear Peter say, horrified.

"This is insane," I mumble.

"Don't worry everyone, we're here to save you," Peter announces to the crowd of people. I heard cheers of happiness.

We both walk towards the people. Lots of children had tear stains on their faces. They were horrified. I felt tears running down my face as I approached the little girl I had seen on the news a while back ago.

Katy Foster.

She had duct tape over her small mouth. I quickly took it off and started to untie her.

"T-Thank you!" She cried happily. Once I got her untied she enfuldged me in a hug. I hugged her back.

"I-I'm so sorry this happened to you," I whispered as I felt more and more tears running down my face. She pulled away.

"Is that Spider-Man?" She asks pointing over at Peter. I smiled.

"Yeah it is, he's helping me get all of you out of here," I smile.

"Are you his girlfriend?" She asks.

I laugh and smile at her.

"Yeah, yeah I am."

"Are you taking me home to my mommy and daddy?" She asks. My smile fades.

"Y-Yeah, we will, I promise."

Then I hear something. A loud noise, the trap door. I look over at Peter then at Katy.

"Katy, I'm putting the tape back on you're mouth and act like you're still tied up," I say, feeling horrible. She nods her head, knowing he was coming. I quickly put the tape over her mouth and run over to where Peter was standing. He grabs onto me and hides us behind a bunch of boxes.

"I'm back maggots!" I hear the Mangler yell. Me and Peter peek over the boxes and see him walking towards the horrified and injured people.

I tense up, I feel Peter tense up as well. That asshole was right there, Peter could easily end this. But, then I saw him pull out a gun. A Toomes gun.

"Shit," Peter mumbled quietly.

"Alright maggots, who's hungry?" He says. Lots of people's eyes widened. I'm sure he hadn't fed them in a while. They looked starving.

"Yeah right," I hear a voice say. My head snaps towards the direction where the voice came from. It came from a man, no older than 30.

"Excuse me?" I hear the Mangler say. He walks over to the annoyed man, who was injured.

"I said, yeah right. You never feed us," He says. Mangler stares at him and then chuckles. He walks closer to the man and bends down to his height.

"You giving me attitude?" He asks. The man rolls his eyes. The Mangler laughs before grabbing the mans head and pulling it close to him, forcefully. "You've given me enough attitude Mr. Sassy, you're gonna regret that eye roll."

Then he shoved his hand into the mans eye. The man screamed out in pain. I buried my head into Peter's chest, unable to watch. I heard gasps of fear and cries for help.

I then peeked over the boxes and saw the Mangler holding the mans eye.

"Roll you're eyes again, and I'll gauge you're other eye out!" He laughs. He stands back up fully and walks around the room, after throwing the eye towards the boxes me and Peter were hiding behind. "Now, I asked a question, who's hungry?"

Then I saw a pair of tied wrists raise into the air. It belonged to the woman working at the coffee shop. I felt so bad for her.

He then walks over to her and pulls out an apple from his pocket and holds it out for her to take. She looks at him uneasily and takes it from him, slowly.

"Good," He says as she raises it to her mouth. She then takes a bite. Her face goes pale. She starts to choke. Her eyes widen as she chokes more and more. Then her eyes shut as her face begins to have a blue tint to it. Her body slumps over and the apple falls from her hands onto the ground.

He poisoned the apple. She's dead.

"He killed her," I whisper to Peter. He then lets go of me and looks at me.

"I'm going to distract him, I'll get him out of here and you get the people that are alive out of here," He whispers before hugging me.

I then pull back and lift his mask over his lips and kiss him. I then pull back and lower his mask.

"Just in case, you never know what could happen," I whisper. He nods his head. He then takes a deep breath then pops up from the spot, exposing him.

"Hey, you know people only poison apples in fairytales, right?"