58: Cure

Nathaniel

I woke to see Dorian dressed and staring out the window, his back turned to me. He looked pensive, lost in thought and didn't turn as I rose from the bed to dress.

"Now this is more like it." He said absently as I moved to his side.

"It is peaceful here." I agreed, watching the sun rise over the mountains.

"There are two things I wish to say to you." He said, turning to look at me.

"Only two?" I teased.

"You're very dull you know."

I frowned and moved outside to stand on the balcony. "And what's the second thing?" I asked, keeping my back to him.

He followed me, his arms going around my waist as he bent his head to rest his chin on my shoulder. "I hate you and I hope this ends soon."

I leaned my back into him pressing us close, the heat of our bodies melding and becoming one.

"Is that so?"

"Mmm." He murmured, nuzzling my neck. "It's criminal to be up this early."

"Didn't you just say you hated me?" I teased as he began raining kisses on my neck.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He protested turning me to face him.

"I'm certain that's what you said."

He smiled, pressing his lips to mine in a deep, sensual kiss. It was filled with love and promise and I sighed at the feel of him against me.

"I suppose I did." He murmured. "I hate you for being so bloody adorable. Understanding." He continued, punctuating each word with another kiss. "Beautiful. Handsome. But most of all because you love me. Makes it impossible for me to be the evil Tevinter. I've had to change my ways because of you."

I smiled, capturing his lips with my own. "Admit it Dorian, you love it all."

"Well of course I do." He retorted, smiling at me. "Just don't tell anyone. I have a reputation to uphold you know."

"You mean the one where you're an evil mage from Tevinter?"

"That's the one."

"My lips are sealed." I teased.

"I certainly hope not." He said, kissing me again as I parted my lips to allow him entry. I moaned as the kiss deepened, my pulse racing as he tightened his hold on me.

"Mmm." He said, pulling away. "That's more like it."

"I though you wanted to keep your evil reputation intact?" I said, following him back inside.

"I think we both know that's no longer possible. I love you too much for one thing. Besides, it's not as glamorous as it sounds to be known as the evil Tevinter. A lot of work goes into that and frankly, I just can't muster the energy to do it."

"I see." I said, pulling him into my arms again. "I guess you're stuck with being the good Tevinter."

"So long as it means you're by my side, I think it's a burden I can live with." He said, hugging me back.

"Who knew you were such a martyr?"

He laughed, hugging me tight. "Ah amatus, I adore you."

"And I love you my heart." I said, kissing him again.

"Mmm."

"Shall we go downstairs? See how last night's banquet ended without us?"

"Intriguing idea." He said. "Though I'd much rather stay here with you."