3

Oh well, I thought. Maybe I'd be over this in a month and my emotional ass would go back to normal.

Boy, was I wrong.

Jungkook
.,°˖✧ ೃ༄

I didn't think much about Wednesday's events for the next few days, being really focused on school and all, so it wasn't until the following Wednesday evening when I started feeling nervous again. Why was I nervous this time? I'd already made some great friends and the teacher was lovely... Oh, we were going to be assigned what character to play! Yeah, that must be it. That's definitely why I felt butterflies in my stomach, nothing else. Totally.

I pushed the door to the drama club open and took a seat at one of the green sofas after hanging my jacket up. The room was empty this time since I, once again, was half an hour early. With great concentration, I pulled a sketchbook and pencils out of my bag and started to draw. It was a project I'd been working on for quite a while, but just couldn't seem to get right. The flowers were too many, the sky looked unrealistic, the tree was too small and the girl underneath it too big. The clouds looked fake and the grass was too green, the colours didn't match and the shadowing was a bit off. Frustrated, I tried to erase the whole thing and start over, when a deep, famliar voice startled me.

"Don't do that! It's gorgeous!"

I looked up at Taehyung, my heart fluttering at the compliment. He, on the other hand, was looking down at my drawing, seeming completely enthralled by it.

"R-really?" I questioned. "You don't think everything looks strange and wrong?"

"No, you've probably just looked at it for too long and that's why you find it weird. Personally I find it absolutely stunning and the colours are really cool." Taehyung finally took his eyes off of the paper and focused on me. "Besides, isn't it more fun to be unique and original? This drawing looks like a stage, something you'd find in a play, and everyone knows that theatre is always more beautiful than reality. I say you keep it just the way it is now and hang it on your bedroom wall, as a reminder to keep things real and focus on the reality, and make the best out of it instead of wishing you lived in your favourite play."

I watched him with judging eyes. "Well, that was kind of...deep?"

"I'm a deep guy," he showed off that adorable, square shaped smile of his, making me do the same as I looked into his big, brown eyes.

"'Sup, losers." The one and only Min Yoongi entered the room, followed by Jennie and her little squad of girls: Jisoo, Chaeyoung and Lalisa. The four girls went to the same school, and therefore they usually arrived together. Taehyung and I broke our eye contact and looked away awkwardly as they all came to sit with us.

"Hey, Lisa," I greeted my friend. "Excited to see what role you're assigned?"

"Hell yeah! Are you?"

"Of course, though I doubt I'll get an important one since I'm new. That's okay, though!"

"Don't say that, you've got some serious talent," this time it was Yoongi who spoke, while smiling at me. I must have looked surprised because he added a "don't be so shocked, kiddo, I'm not that scary!"

The girls and Taehyung looked at each other, giggling as the latter told Yoongi that "actually, hyung, you are."

Taehyung
.,°˖✧ ೃ༄

Fast forward to the start of the class, everyone was sitting in a huge circle on the floor of the stage. Excitement filled the air as the 22 of us were impatiently waiting for Ms. Choi to reveal the roles.

"Okay, everybody. Remember that I wrote this play in a way that every character is important and gets a fair amount of time on stage. Just because you're not the lead does not mean you didn't get a good part."

Our teacher cleared her throat as she explained the plot. The play was set in an imaginary country and was about about a poor girl who dressed up as a maid and snuck into the castle where the royal family lived, in the hopes of earning some money. And of course, since this was a really cheesy play about forbidden love, the prince started taking a liking in this new maid.

Everyone held their breaths as the roles were revealed. "Lisa, you're playing the part of the princess, the prince's little sister. And you, Sooyoung, are the queen." Lisa clapped excitedly and hugged Park Sooyoung who was shining with joy. (a/n: eyy reveluvs, see what i did there?? yes i hate myself too)

The roles were revealed one by one. I was playing a kitchen staff who would later be thrown into jail for helping the poor girl get into the castle and become a maid. I was quite happy with that, looking at the script he was a cool character.

Ms. Choi took a deep breath before finishing her lenghty announcement. "And you, dear Jungkook and Eunha, will be the lead roles of the prince and the poor villager girl he proceeds to fall in love with." Everyone clapped and cheered for the new leads, who high-fived each other.

Jungkook
.,°˖✧ ೃ༄

That night, before going to bed, I took the drawing that Taehyung had complimented me on and taped it to my wall, just like he told me to. It was the last thing I saw and it reminded me of my hyung, making me smile as I let sleep consume me.

——————————

thank you so much for reading
the story this far!! i promise to turn
the gay up very soon 😉

thank you so much for readingthe story this far!! i promise to turnthe gay up very soon 😉