14

Trying my very best not to show the anger building up inside of me, I took a deep breath before telling my lie. "You don't know this person. And we're not ready to take any big steps like meeting parents right now. I don't even know if she likes me, this was our first date. We only met last week. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm tired. Goodnight." I calmly walked around the corner so that my parents couldn't see me before storming off to my room. Well, that was that night ruined.

Jungkook
.,°˖✧ ೃ༄

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, my beloved Jeon Jungkook, happy birthday to you!" Mom sang as she repeatedly poked me, interrupting my precious sleep.

"Moooom," I whined, turning my night light on.

"IT'S ALIVE!" she exclaimed ironically. "I've been standing here for two minutes but you refused to wake up!"

"Because it's early morning on a Saturday!"

"Whatever. I made you a cake!" She held out a creamy, white ice cream cake decorated with chocolate. On top was seventeen candles that she made me blow out.

"What did you wish for when blowing them out?"

"Honestly, Mom, nothing."

She dragged me out of bed and made me a big breakfast, gave me two presents and told me to shower. After that I was forced to dress up fancy for a skype call with my grandparents in Busan, but when that was finished I was allowed to chill for a while. I layed on the couch in jeans and t-shirt while checking my phone which I hadn't had an opportunity to do yet. For the first time in my life, I had 10 plus happy birthday texts!

genious - happy birthday kid :)

not my hope nor my angel - JUNGKOOKIEEEEEE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY 😘🤗🎊🎉🎈😝😃😍🤣🙌🏼👌🏻💪🏼👅🐰

chim(my chimmy kokobop) - happy birthday jungkookie! hope you have a great day! ❤️

brain daddy - yay, now you're officially 17! happy birthday

slut for mario - jungkook-ah, happy birthday! i may be the most handsome in this friendgroup, but you're definitely number two 😉

I typed "thanks hyung!" once and copied it so I could paste it to everyone, 'cause why bother.

Many of the girls had sent me birthday wishes too, Lisa's just consisting of memes. My brother sent me a text as well, along with a picture of the gift he was going to give me next time I saw him. Taehyung snapchatted me a selfie doing hand hearts, wishing me a good day.

Mom took me out for lunch at my favourite restaurant and made me choose one more present in the mall. I settled for a new jeans jacket.

"I would suggest you brush your teeth after all that spicy food we had," she said after we entered our apartment again a few hours later.

"Why? I'll do it before going to sleep! It's not like anyone's going to be bothered if my breath is bad."

At that exact moment, the doorbell rang. "It's for you, Jungkook!" Hyemin said and I went to get the door, curious to see who it was.