A Second Chance

Izuku was 13 years old at the time. It was a normal day of school, the normal lessons, the occasional bullying sessions from Katsuki, a mumbling storm from time to time, etc.       

Once the day was over, he was making his casual commute home. Suddenly, he was jumped by three guys, presumably in senior high school.

"Okay squirt, we'll make this easy on you. Give us all your cash and we'll let you live."

Izuku shook his head refusing to give in. Then they got angry and started beating him up. Suddenly the stopped and they all fell on the floor. Izuku got up and saw that their skin was....disintegrating?

"That will teach you how u not to gang up on the smaller guys." An unknown voice said from behind Izuku.

Izuku turned around to see a hooded figure. He was around 5'9" with sun kissed skin.

"Listen kid, next time, watch where your going. Your lucky your not from where I'm from. Commuting can be much worse." The figure said while casually walking away.

"Wait!" Izuku exclaimed. "Who are you?" He asked.

The stranger paused for a moment and said
"Let's not talk here. Follow me"

He led him to the rooftop of a nearby building.
"Now, to answer your question Izuku, my name is Carlos and I have a quirk that I like to call Apoptosis" the stranger says.

"Wait....How do you know my name?"

"You see, a couple of years ago, maybe around six? I don't know. I saw you getting bullied by a bunch of kids. I overheard one of them say your quirkless. Now, I have to ask... Is that true? That your quirkless?"

"Umm...... Well, yes" Izuku said reluctantly. "I was diagnosed as quirkless."

"I see. Well, what if I told you that I can give you a quirk?" Carlos said

"You can?" Izuku said in a shocked voice. Then he started muttering on how that could be possible.

'Huh, this kid is weird. I like this guy.' Carlos thinks to himself. Then he karate chopped his head to get him out of his little mutter storm. "Look, I've been observing you for quite some time. I've seen enough to say that your life has been a bit crappy. And I'm willing to give you a second chance. So know my question is, are you willing to take it?"

"Umm, I've always wanted a quirk. So..... Y-yeah, I'll take it."

"Good. However, there are some conditions"

"Conditions? Sure, I mean how bad could some conditions be?"

"You want to get into UA right?"

"Y-yeah"

"Well, you have to wait two years to take the UA exam, which gives us plenty of time to train."

"Train? As in my, er, your power?"

"Not just that. You see, in UA, to take the hero course, especially with a quirk like mine, you need to be athletic. It's not just about the quirks you know."

"Oh r-right"

The sun began to set.

"Look kid, I don't have much time right now. So, you want my quirk right?"

"Yeah"

"Wait lang. (A/N: tagalog slang inbound)" He proceeded to take a small glass vial out of his pocket. Then he disintegrated some skin on his arm, and he let it bleed. He let the blood flow right into the vial. "Drink this."

"EHH!?"

"Well, you see, you need my DNA in my system for me to pass on the quirk. So that doesn't really give me a lot of choices. So you have to choose between drinking my blood or eating my hair. Unless you have other ideas."

"O-oh, right...." Then he proceeded to drink it. Once he finished the vial he gave it back to Carlos.

"It shouldn't set in until some time tomorrow. So, meet me here tomorrow okay?"

"S-sure"

Then they both went their separate ways. 'That kid shows promise. I wonder how he'll handle my training routine?' He thought to himself.