Save the Date

**This is a couple pages shorter than what I normally write and that's because we're twiddling down to the end folks! Only one chapter left, and that's the epilogue. I intentionally left things amiss with Brock because I do plan on doing a short(ish) story for him! I hope you guys liked the chapter!**

Evan's POV

Laying in bed that night, multiple things were whirling around in my head from Tanner's confession to when the hell Scar and I were going to get married and where the hell it was going to happen. There was one thing I could stop worrying about, and that was getting moved into our new house. We got the majority of that done earlier today before we went to lunch because Scar hired a huge moving crew to help us get pretty much everything set up. The only rooms that were empty now were three bedrooms that Scar is oh so sure we'll fill with kids, and our single guest bedroom that we haven't picked the furniture out for quite yet.

"What's going on in that head of yours, pretty girl?" He murmured as he turned onto his side and hovered over my body. He smoothed out the wrinkles in my forehead with his thumb before kissing the skin and pulling back to look me in the eyes.

"The wedding, Tanner's sister, Brock." I hummed out.

"Brock?" He asked, utterly confused. I nodded before nuzzling into his embrace.

"Yeah. Ever since my dad's coma, he's been a totally different person. He doesn't laugh and joke around like he used to anymore. He was the only one in the family that was just...goofy all the time. He never took life too seriously and I'm afraid that the accident took all that away. I mean, it did a number on everyone in our family emotionally, but he was the only one who hasn't bounced back. My mom said he still isn't home often. I just don't know how to help him because I don't know what's going through his head." I explained through a sigh.

"I don't know, baby. Everyone copes with loss differently. I drank, you lashed out, your mother just slept. Maybe him bed hopping is his own way of coping." He tried reasoning.

"But my dad's been okay for a while now. Surely he's come to terms with the fact that my dad is fine already?" I questioned. He just shrugged his shoulders before kissing me soundly on the lips.

"You'll just have to try and sit him down and figure out what's going on with him." He said as I nodded in agreement.

"I was always the closest to him, surprisingly." I laughed. "Now that that issue is sorted out, onto the next one."

"And that would be...?" Scar drawled out, unsure as to where I was taking the conversation.

"Our wedding date, dumbass. And, apparently, it can't be anything between May and August." I said with an annoyed eye roll.

"October first." He rattled off. I raised a single eyebrow at him, unimpressed.

"What? You told me to pick a date and I did. October first. Take it or leave it." He stated with finality.

"You don't even know if that's a weekday or not!" I giggled back. I laughed even harder when he whipped out his phone and began tapping the screen rapidly.

"It's a Saturday. Perfect. October first it is." He grinned smugly.

"Fine. October first." I agreed. His smugness changing into bewilderment.

"Wait, you're actually going to keep that date?" He asked in amazement.

"I don't want to stress over this any longer and if we send out the invites as soon as possible, the people we want to come might actually be able to fly all the way to fucking Ireland just to appease your grandma." I snorted.