Pilot

**Eeeeeek! WHO'S EXCITED! I know I am!!! So I know I posted the first UNEDITED chapter as a teaser in LOHO, but this one is edited and changed a little so read it anyway! Just for reference, the date in the story starts during the last week of December because it's taking place right after LOHO got over if that makes sense. ALSO! The updating schedule for SOMH is going to be different than LOHO because I will be updating on FRIDAYS instead of Mondays. If you ask me this question even though I've literally just addressed it RIGHT HERE, I will just delete your comment because that shit annoys me. Don't ask me a question I addressed in an author's note lol. Well I love you all and I hope you enjoy!

 Well I love you all and I hope you enjoy!

EVAN'S OUTFIT ABOVE**

Evan's POV

The clock ticked on the wall, reminding me of all the time I wasted loving him. Brandon. But was it really love? Now that everything's blown up in my face, I'm not sure I can confidently say that's what it was.

Maybe it wasn't, who really knows. It's over now, and that's pretty much all that matters. There was no point in wallowing in my own misery while eating my weight in ice cream. The tears would be worth nothing, just like him. I sat on the couch in Ellie and I's apartment, staring at nothing and everything as my mind raced with self-destructive thoughts. Maybe it wasn't love, but I cared deeply for Brandon. He was the first guy I ever let close. Or ever had the chance to let close, really. We didn't waste much time with the engagement, I was just so excited to wear his ring and call him mine, but I guess the thrill of sneaking around does that to a person. Makes you think you had feelings that you thought were one way, but now they seem different. Tainted almost.

I didn't move from my position on the couch when I heard our front door open. I did, however, pick up my phone and plaster a smile on my face so it didn't appear as if I was, in fact, wallowing in my self pity. Which is exactly what it was, but I refused to let myself accept that. It was only wallowing if there were tears and ice cream. Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

"Oh, Ev! I didn't know you were home! Mom and Aunt Kiara said you would be out getting lunch with Tansy." She said, a confused expression taking over her face as her eyebrows furrowed together.

"I did. I just got back." I lied as my smile turned tight lipped. Ellie was always able to call my bluff, I was just praying that this one time would be different.

"But it's only noon now?" She pointed out while glancing at that damn wall clock, her face even more perplexed than before.

"It was more of a brunch, really." I replied flippantly while picking at a loose thread in one of our decorative pillows, avoiding her accusatory stare. She opened her mouth to ask me another question, or more likely call me out on my bullshit, but her boyfriend stopped her with a single hand on her forearm as he tugged her in the direction of her bedroom. I finally took a moment to look at him and notice that he had a large stack of cardboard boxes and packing tape in his other hand. It was then that I remembered she was moving out today. She mentioned that he'd bought them some lavish five bedroom home that was half an hour away from my parents place, which ultimately meant she would be 45 minutes away from the apartment we shared. Well, used to share at least. Oh well. It was easier to wallow when you were alone - but, you know, only if I had ice cream and there were tears involved in the mix too.