chapter 23: help wanted

I woke up in bed with Axl's arms around me. How did we get here? I thought. I looked around; it was my room at the mansion. I looked at the posters that I put up recently, Damn Yankees, Ac/Dc, Journey, Styx, Aerosmith, Tommy Shaw, and of course, Guns N Roses. I quietly got out of bed and went to take a shower. I need to stop feeding off these guys’s money. I should get a job. I thought as the warm water ran over me. I stepped out of the shower and got dressed. I put on a shirt with a picture of the album cover, Girls with Guns by Tommy Shaw. I grabbed a pair of black jeans. Then I grabbed my aviators and cowboy boots. I then went and blow-dried my hair. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Axl still sleeping. I wrote a small note saying what I was going to do. I grabbed a set of house keys, my walkman, and started walking. My goal is to find a job of some sort and apply for it, if it doesn't suck. I lectured myself. I had a Styx cassette tape in the walkman. As I looked for a job, I started singing because the streets were mostly deserted.  “Well, I'm sitting on this bar stool talking like a damn fool got the 12 o' clock news blues. And I've given up hope on the afternoon soaps and this bottle of cold brew. Is there any wonder I'm not crazy? Is there any wonder I'm sane at all? Well I'm so tired of losing I've got nothing to....." I sang but then I was knocked to the ground." I'm sorry!" I said as I stood up. "No, no. it's my fault." he said. He had short brown curly hair. “I see that you're a Styx fan." he said and smiled. I looked at him again. “Denis Deyoung?" I asked. “You know it." Denis said. “I’m actually glad we ran into each other, the band is having a show where fans can be part of the band. It’s going to be sort of like the members being mentors. Everyone has a fan but Tommy. Do you want to do it?" he asked as if he already knew the answer. I thought about it and I think he remembered something. “oh yeah, and we will pay you."Denis said. “Ok, I was looking for a job anyway. Even if it's a one time thing, it will do." I said and he smiled. "Well, come on then. You will meet him today. If you don't already have plans?" he sort of asked." I don't have anything planned today." I said as we started walking to his place.