chapter 25: trying to leave

I got to the mansion, and no one was home. I walked around trying to decide what to do about Tommy Shaw. He kissed me. How do I explain that? I thought. I walked to the song-writing room and sat down. Thousands of songs filled my head. Some happy, some sad.  I thought of childhood friends and the dreams we had (yay a Styx reference!). Then a song popped into my head.  I sat down on the piano bench and started playing. “I’m sitting here wasted and wounded at this old piano...." I started. I sang the song over and over till I found it good enough. Then I grabbed a mic stand and dragged it to the piano. I hit a button that said record and started playing again. I then hit stop and went to put the song on a tape. I wrote on it “I’m sorry" and placed it on the bed. I walked out of the house and bumped into Steven." oh, sorry... hey why are you crying?" he asked. I hadn't even realized that I had started crying.  He looked at me again and I just shook my head. I wasn't going to tell him. He wouldn't understand. “Come on, I know it's something. Is it your brother? Is it Axl? Is it someone or something else?" he asked me seriously. “It’s what I did to Axl that means I have to leave." I started. “I’m sure you didn't do anything that would anger him. Let me know so I help you." he said, his words kind. I nodded and followed him back inside. We sat on the couch. “So what happened?" he asked and I told him from where I bumped into Denis, to when I recorded the song. He listened to the whole story without saying a word, but his eyes did get a little large when I said Tommy Shaw kissed me. I sat there a while after finishing the story and Steven seemed to be thinking. “I think that you should confront Axl about this." he said wisely and I nodded and hugged him." thank you." I whispered in his hair. “No problem girly." he said with his normal jumpy attitude.

A few hours later, a VERY drunk Axl and Slash stumbled in the door giggling. They both had a stripper attached to them. They said hey and tripped up the stairs. I felt tears well up in my eyes and Steven hugged me. "Shhhh. it's ok. He still loves you. He’s just drunk." he whispered in my hair as I sobbed. “I have an idea." I said softly and got his attention. "You got any drugs?" I asked hesitantly. A huge grin spread across his face. "I'm taking that as a yes?" I said laughing. "You know it!" he said even happier. "Let me grab them from upstairs." he said and ran upstairs, taking them 2 at a time. A few seconds later, he came to the top of the stairs and slid down the hand rail and jumped on the top of the couch. "Got them." he said and I laughed. "Nice entrance puff head." I said and grabbed the bag from him.  This should be fun.