Chapter 2 - E-3456

"E-3456?" The voice tentatively asked again. I couldn't see their figure, only darkness. I hated the dark.

"Come into the light," I pleaded, my voice unnaturally higher than usual. The speaker did, and I saw another person. She looked a bit like me; she was wearing a plain white dress and had blonde hair. Her eyes were a soft blue and were focusing on me gently.

"I am Nurse Grant," she spoke carefully. "I am here to take you.....to your new place."

There was clearly something very wrong, but I didn't think anything of it. This was the first time I had seen another person. Prehaps this was normal behaviour. "Okay." I smiled.

I didn't have any belongings in that room, so I followed Nurse Grant down the hallway. My feet were freezing; I still walked slowly down the hallway, however. The outside place was very complex, and there were endless hallways that would surely mean I would get lost.

"Are we nearly there yet?" I asked like an over-enthusiastic child. Nurse Grant nodded.

"Y-yes, we are nearly here!" Nurse Grant smiled cheerfully. "In fact, the door's right here!" Nurse Grant gestures to a door.

She produced a large set of keys, and opened the door. She stepped inside. I simply stood in the hallway, and after a few moments her head peeked from behind the hallway.

"Come on then, E-3456!" She smiled encouragingly. I nodded and followed Nurse Grant into the room.