Chapter 9 - Some Light Shed

What with yesterday's unanswered questions, I was thirsting to know about The Creator. I walked up to Jasper. He appeared to be the only one willing enough to share about these sort of things.

"Jasper! Where are you?" I asked. I felt a hand lay on my shoulder. I screamed, and turned round to face a bored looking Jasper.

"Seriously, girls are so jumpy. A guy would never scream and overreact like you would." He sighed, hovering backwards in the air.

"I need more answers."

"Sure. I'll try my best, but I'm no encylcopedia, I'll have you know. Go get a real one if you want the confirmed answer."

"Please, shut up and tell me the story."

"Wow! No need to be so demanding," Jasper complained. "Fine."

"Yay."

"Don't get your hopes up. It's a story of regret, pain, and sadness.

"Once, there lived a young woman named Hilda. She loved to create things, and was very praised for doing so. One day, she had the idea to create experiments; additive powers humans could have, to make them stronger. Each experiment would cause a different human to obtain a power. Her first experiment would be one in which a human would gain immortality. She gave half her life to the project, showing reasons why and how it was possible. She showed the project to members of her uni, but they rejected her, saying it could never be possible. Hilda sunk into a depression. Until she found a man, complaining about how he wished he could live forever. Perking up, Hilda sent a letter to the man. He reluctantly came, believing the experiment wouldn't work, but wanted to give Hilda a chance. He arrived and Hilda used her theory on the man. After the operation, Hilda forcibly cut into the man's hand. It cut, but instantly healed itself. Scared, the man quickly tried to leave but was blocked by Hilda. Hilda refused him to leave. 'You're my creation now, and no one, no one, will take you away from me.' So the man stayed. No one knows who his name is to this day, as he rarely speaks. According to legend, it's because Hilda tortured him into silence. But to others, he is known as E-1."

"That sounded like quite a mouthful," I joked. "But seriously. Thanks."

Jasper's face flushed. "Whatever for? All I've done is tell you a story I've heard a million times, and give you sarcastic remarks."

"True. But at least you actually told the story."

Jasper chuckled. "You're very much welcome, young Tilly. If you would like more stories, I would be very much delighted for you to come along and visit."

"Yeah," I replied distractedly. "Um......I gotta tell Yuki I read the Rulebook.....uh, bye, I guess."

"Mhm. Yeah bye." Jasper replied quickly.

I turned on my heel and walked down the echoing steps, to the meeting area where I had met the crew yesterday.

Before I got to the bottom, however, Jasper called out to me.

"H-hey, Tilly!" Jasper stuttered. I turned to him. "S-see you at the next meeting, I-I guess..."

There was a moment of silence, before I offered him a small smile. "See you there."

I continued down the stairs, to the meeting area. Yuki was there, writing something in her ageing notebook.

"Oh, hi, Tilly," Yuki greeted flatly.

"Hey, Yuki," I replied. "Um......I read the Rulebook."

"Good." She replied distractedly, still writing in her notebook.

"Yuki!" Someone called from the distance. Yuki perked up.

"I'm coming!" She called, sprinting off. In her rush, she dropped her notebook.

"Hey, Yuki, you dropped your -" but she was already gone. I picked the notebook up, and read its contents. It was like a diary.

Entry one:

I know something others don't. Evan is greedy for power. He betrayed us to The Creator so he could get more power. But he's dead now. The Creator killed him after the information was given.

I skipped entries to the present day.

Entry fifty:

A new arrival came today. Her name is E-3456, or Tilly. I call her Tilly, as does everyone else. Apart from Jasper. But no one listens to him, he spurts some random stuff sometimes. But.....there's something different about Tilly. When Isla meets someone with power, she immediately detects it and runs. Maybe she's scared that the powers will be used against her: or that is her power. But when she runs, it's only to hide behind one of the crew. Isla never runs fully away. But she did with Tilly. But it wasn't just Isla. As soon as I met Tilly, I could tell there was something. The way she thought, the way she spoke. I think Tilly has a special power, a special ability none of us have. An ability that could overpower us all. We must be careful, and teach her good from bad, or she could destroy all of us. But no one knows. Except the fact that she's powerful, and must be carefully taken care of.

Entry fifty one:

Tilly is up to something. She knows more than she should about this place's history. I read her and Jasper's mind while they were talking to each other. Tilly wants answers. She's too curious. And you know what they say.

Curiosity killed the cat.

And that was the end. I was still asking so many questions. What was this diary about? And did it have any evident connections to answers of questions I still needed to be answered....?