Chapter 8 - Rulebook

I spent almost all my night reading the thick Rulebook. I noted some of the most important ones down:

Rule 1: if a scientist is discovered, report it immediately. And please, try not to panic. This will make the situation worse for our colleagues. Thank you.

Rule 456: trustworthy things should be kept to a small group of people you can one hundred percent trust. Otherwise word will spread and the weakness will be notified by a potential traitor.

Rule 890: Every friday is pizza night, but no more than 3 slices of it per person, for obvious reasons. Movie nights can be booked, but notify the leaders first.

As I was reading the last rule, rule 9045 (there's a lot and I had to read every single one) something strange popped up.

Rule 9045: NO SECRETS.

Underneath, was an almost unreadable scribble.

The Creator's traitor made this rule. Violate it, it's against our nature. Secrets are locks, knowledge is key. The Creator is evil and has knowledge. Do not trust the creator of this rule. DO NOT TRUST EVAN.

And just like that, the book ended. The letter reminded me of something.

"Secrets are locks. Only knowledge is the key to unlocking them."

Did Jasper write this? Or someone else Jasper knew? I honestly didn't know. I decided to consult Jasper tomorrow. Wish me luck I guess.

I'm going to sleep. It's one in the morning, too late for these questions and theories.

Bye.