Chapter 13 - E-1

"Would you like to hear the prophesy?"

"Yes. I've heard many people talking about it. It's intriguing me."

"The Chosen Ones are two people who are fatefully chosen to destroy The Creator. The Chosen Ones are normally a girl and a boy, but anything could happen. A Chosen One has multiple powers, which it has been proven you have, and are extremely powerful. They must be carefully influenced, if exposed to the wrong way of thinking could turn against us and endanger us all." E-1 replied steadily.

"Has there been any Chosen Ones before me?" I inquired.

"Yes. But only four people. The last two were the perfect match. Strongly opinionated, and ruled the world....ah, they were so young, not much older than yourself. But alas, one of them was influenced wrongly. They betrayed us, and went against the code."

"Was that Evan?"

"Yes. It was hard to know he could do such a terrible feat. He had an impressionable future....Evan was going places. But alas, he escaped the fort one day and was caught by The Creator's forces. The Creator manipulated him, promising to set him free if he told her about The Outcasts. He agreed, but The Creator lied to him. She killed him, and allegedly used his power as her own. She's dangerous, Tilly. I can sense you have more of a mind than him. You'll do better. I know you will."

"Who was Evan's pairing?"

"Ah, Evan's lover. They were so close, and were such a good couple. Young Yuki Osumi was Evan's Chosen Partner. Yuki was so distraught when Evan went against her, I'm afraid she's never gotten over it. Poor girl. She got the worst out of Evan's betrayal....."

"Is Evan the enemy?"

"No. He was manipulated, child. I'm afraid anyone can believe The Creator's convincing deals. But remember the phrase, too good to be true. Evan refused to believe this, and he died an inevitable death. But I know you won't listen to the fake comfort of The Creator."

"What's up with The Creator? Why is she so obsessed with human experiments? Why has she kidnapped all these people? Why has she done this to us?"

"To be honest, I'm not truly sure. But I believe she was lonely in life. No one was there for her in childhood. She was neglected by everyone, even the people who created her. All Hilda wanted to do is for someone to notice. But no one did. Angered and upset, she decided to experiment with people. After she discovered she could create power to inject into people, she did just that. She captured me, and gave me every power, although I can only access immortality and mind reading and control now. But I think she created Experiments so those people can look up to her.....thank her for implementing such powers to them. Treat her like a goddess. Everything everyone else didn't in her past."

"But they didn't. We.......we treated her like an antagonist.....why did we do that? All she wanted was for people to care....."

"I understand why you sympathise, but Hilda did things with the wrong approach, the wrong attitude. She's unintentionally done some terrible things. She's just troubled. I wish we could all be friends and get along, but life isn't like that, Tilly. We must acknowledge our friends, but acknowledge our enemies even more. And Hilda will do anything to be in control. She's obsessed with it. And anyone who is obsessed with control is to be considered an antagonist. I'm sorry, Tilly, but that's just how it has to be."

"I understand." I agreed. "Who was your Chosen Partner?"

"Someone called Lucia Walters. Ah, she was a dreamer. But she went missing many years ago. I must warn you that it seems to be tradition that one of the Chosen Ones has something bad happen to them. Lucia went missing, Evan was corrupted. I don't know whether anything will happen to you or your Chosen Partner, but I suggest the two of you be careful. You could be in serious danger....."

"I know. And if I go missing or if anything happens to me, I want you to know that I'm sorry for not living up to my full potential. I want you to know that I will try my best with the duty.....I'm honoured to be a Chosen One."

"I know you are. It's so refreshing to see how committed you are with the duty, Tilly. It's nice to know someone cares about it."

"Yuki cares. She seems set on The Creator going down."

"Ah, that's because Evan's blood is on her hands. Yes, Yuki still cares, even though she shouldn't. That's how dedicated she is to him...."

"And who is Lucia Walters?"

"She's E-2. A very admirable girl. I'm 152, and she'd be the same age. If she's still alive. You remind me of her. She is in similar appearance to you.....and similar spirit."

"Thank you." I was flattered to be compared to someone he seemed to look up to.

"You're welcome." E-1 smiled wisely.

"I have one last question, E-1. Is it okay if I ask you this?"

"Of course dear. Ask away."

"What is your past?"