Chapter 11 - The Newcomer

Yuki called out her code word, and Emily walked over. Jasper got up.

"Guess I gotta introduce myself. Umm.....you can come if you like." He smiled slightly.

"Was that a smile, Jasper?" I asked, mock-shocked.

"Be careful, my mood might wear off." Jasper warned, and I chuckled.

We got up, and followed Jasper to greet Mark. The Main Outcasts introduced themselves.

"This is Tilly," Jasper pushed me in front of him. I blushed furiously.

"Uh....um.....hello......Mark? That's your name....right? I hope so. My name's Tilly as my brilliant friend, Jasper, already mentioned." I glared at Jasper accusingly, and he threw his hands uo as if he didn't do anything. "I mean, The Creator called me E-3456, so you can call me that if you like." I scratched the back of my head. Man, I messed that up so bad!

"I know," Mark smiled. Did he just - "I can read and control minds. And yes, my name is Mark. Also, I'll call you Tilly." He finished my sentence. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, because Yuki has that power, but it doesn't make it any less unexpected.

"I can turn invisible." I offered.

"That's a cool power. You know what power I'd like? A time travelling power."

"Me too!" I smiled. I thought it was so cool you could rewind time and change history.

I wonder if I could change time. Just test your power, Tilly. Yuki said you might have more than one power. Let's find out. Uhhh......try thinking. Take me back....to five minutes ago? No. Try more will. Take me back to five minutes ago!

Suddenly, I felt a strange feeling, like I was going.....backwards. Almost instantaneously, I was back behind the cabinet, talking to Jasper.

Oh my God! I can rewind time! Let's see if I can go back to the present. Uh....click your fingers? No. Umm..... Ah! Take me back to the present!

I felt a forwarding motion, and quick as lightning I was back, with Mark and everyone else. Wow. I need to test my power further. I'll do it later.

"So....how long have you been here, Tilly?" Mark asked.

"A few days. I escaped Nurse Grant after she showed me a video of how I was captured. I was apparently meant to be drugged, but I escaped. Yuki found me, and took me to The Outcasts base, which leads to where I am now." I smiled. "I don't know much about this place, so I guess we can learn together!"

"Yeah!" Mark smiled.

"Could Tilly, or E-3456, please transfer to The Testing Room in the next five minutes. Thank you very much."

The intercom sounded with an unfamiliar voice. "Well, I guess I gotta go. Umm....could someone escort me to The Testing Room? I kinda don't know where it is," I grinned stupidly.

"I'll take you," Emily said, stepping up.

"Thanks, Emily," I smiled. "See you later, Mark!"

"See you later, Tilly!" Mark replied. "Hope it all goes well!"

"Yeah, same for you!" I smiled. "K, bye!"

Emily and I left the crowd, and walked down another silent hallway to The Testing Room.

"I'm not allowed to go in, so I'll wait outside. Tell me how it went, okay?" Emily requested. I nodded.

"Of course," I replied. "I know I'll get two powers, for sure!"

I left Emily before she asked what those two powers were, and walked inside the room.