Acceptance

2 Weeks Later

Odell was currently chilling at his mom's house, watching his little brother, Sonny. Him and Sonny sat at the breakfast bar while Odell fed him orange slices. It was a bye week for the Giants, so Odell decided to relax and spend time with his family. Sonny scrunched his face up at this one particular orange slice Odell fed him.

"You didn't like that Sonny?" Chuckling, Odell set the bowl of slices down. Sonny shook his head no and stuck his tongue out. Ms. Heather then walked into the kitchen and furrowed her brows at her frowning baby.

"Odell, what did you do to him?" She sat her phone down and went to pick Sonny up. Odell scoffed, helping himself to a orange slice. 

"All I did was feed him the orange slices like you asked, and he made a sour face at one." He picked up his phone and scrolled through Instagram. 

"Aw Sonny baby, it's okay." Ms. Heather cooed. He began pouting and rested his on her shoulder. "You just ate one that was really sour." She walked over to the fridge to look for his sippy cup. 

"Hey Odell, I heard that the Central Park Zoo was having an event where kids 10 and under get free admission." Odell nodded for her to continue. "I was wondering if you would want to take Sonny because he's suddenly had this interest in animals lately." Ms. Heather pinched his cheeks, causing Sonny to giggle. Odell smiled at the sight. 

"Okay, so when is it though?" He asked. She hadn't mentioned anything about it this week.
"Oh, I think it's next week. Or it might be the next." Ms. Heather rolled her eyes, failing at remembering. "Shoot, I don't know the exactly date or week, but I know it's on a Saturday. I can find it for you if you want to take him." Odell shrugged and agreed. 

"Sure, I'll take my baby bro." He made funny faces at Sonny and he laughed even harder. When the laughter died down, Ms. Heather gave Sonny his sippy cup and he started to get drowsy. She walked around the kitchen, lightly bouncing him to sleep. Odell got tired of his home feed on Instagram and pressed the explore page section, continuing his scrolling there. He came across a picture of Willow. He immediately clicked on it and saw that this time, her hair was bone straight with a part on the right side. Her soft pink lips were now covered in a bright red lipstick. A soft makeup look painted her face, even though he knew she looked beautiful without it. Odell instinctively bit his bottom lip at how good she looked, but it was her smile that did it for him. It just wasn't an ordinary smile, it was a carefree one. The smile that actually exuberated the longing happiness she yearned for. It was a slide of three photos and he examined each one of them. Odell smiled at the last one, a bit of proudness exploding in his heart of how far she's overcame. Ms. Heather took notice of his quietness and peered over his shoulder. She rolled her eyes when she realized that it was just another tasteless girl. 

"Odell honey, I don't know why you bother with these little girls when you know all they trying to do is get your money," He rolled his eyes and exited out of the app, locking his phone. 

"Mom, Willow isn't just another little girl trying to get my money." He defended. Ms. Heather scoffed and bounced Sonny. "You would know that if you took the time out to know her instead of judging her." Odell added. She vigorously shook her head and left out of the kitchen. He watched her storm out of the kitchen and sighed. With his back turned, Odell peeked at the photos again. I'm coming back for you Will, back and better, he smiled to himself. Loud footsteps started getting closer to him and he discreetly slipped his phone into his pocket.