Chapter Seven

This banner is so awesome, I love it! Thank you very much Samantha_Leann for making this for me! (:

My email is open if you would like to send your banners or fanart drawings for Fate in! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1748

*Another spoiler warning. This time for Faye. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK*

~Zayla

There is no one word I could give to describe Fate's brother.

His exterior has a natural beauty that is completely indescribable, however, if I saw him passing me by in the street I would not be surprised. That's the perplexing part. I can't tell if he's an immortal or a mortal.

He looks foreign, I know that much. His hair is dark and wavy, curling over his head in a way I would call perfection. The fringe of his hair almost meets his eyes, which are dark, touched with a wickedness I don't want to get to know. He has the same stature of Fate, with broad shoulders and muscular arms he keeps hidden with the sleeves of his tunic. Just like his brother.

His smile is similar too. It's all playfulness, that I'm sure he has used to lure countless amounts of unsuspecting females into bed.

The stranger gives him a once over as Fate treks out the water, not bothering with the shirt he left discarded on the shore. I follow afterwards, with slightly less sureness in my step, my eyes on the brother that I never knew Fate possessed.

"How did you find out where I live?" Fate questions, stepping up the beach. I stay near the shore, hoping I wouldn't become to focal point of their conversation.

The stranger gives Fate an almost squinting stare, which seem to alter his thought process.

"Right," Fate corrects slowly, running his hand back through his soaked hair. I watch the water drip from his finger tips down his back, right across the indent of his spine. "And to what do I owe the pleasure of my darling little brother's company?"

"I only came to see how you were," the stranger comments. His voice is odd. It reminds me of the light, tongue rolling accent of the Independance Pack. In saying that, there's a foreign twist there. Who is this guy?

At the thought of that, his eyes flicker over to mine. Something is sharp about his gaze that freeze each of my limbs, paralysing me completely. He keeps eye contact, completely unrelenting until Fate follows his gaze, and clears his throat.

"Zayla," Fate says smoothly, "this is my brother, T."

T smiles slightly, the expression only barely tugging at his lips. "Zayla, huh?"

All the air in my lungs has been expelled into nowhere, so I just stand there, unsure of how to reply, or even how to act. There's something different about this T, and I have a feeling it's not just because he's Fate's brother. Although, that definitely has something to do with. I can't automatically trust him when he is related to my captor.

"Don't," Fate breathes lowly to T, seeming almost uneasily, "mention it."

"Mention what?" I question, finally finding a voice at the idea of them keeping something from me. If he's an immortal, I want to know. An immortal killed my family, and when I look him in the eye, I want to be the one to kill him.

That is, when I figure out how to do so.

T brushes past Fate, walking over to hold his hand out to me. I stare at it uneasily, not ready to even touch him.