Chapter Twenty Eight

I love this banner, it's awesome! Thank you so much --TheRenegade-- for sending this in (:

My email is open if you would like to send your banners or fanart drawings for Fate in! Midika36@gmail.com

Also, merch is available right now!! It's on Society6, and app and a desktop page

Also, merch is available right now!! It's on Society6, and app and a desktop page. Under Midika Crane, you guys can get my merch!

Word Count: 1727

~Zayla

"You need to stop hovering," Fate murmurs. "It's not going to help him."

I've been staring at my father for the past three days, waiting for him to wake. Fate has supplied him with a bed, but nothing else, simply waiting for him to arise. Apparently I took this long when I was resurrected, but it's harder watching it happen to someone else. Especially my father.

I linger in front of the door, before I let Fate pull me away. He firmly closes the door behind me. It's a maneuver to let me know that I shouldn't be hanging around while he is unconscious. It has been where I have spent most of my hours.

"He could wake up any moment," I insist, as Fate leads me back onto the beach.

"You need to eat," Fate murmurs.

I've spent the entire day in that room. Nothing moves. Only his stomach with every breath. That's all the hope I have left to hold onto. Fate came in and out, leaving for unspoken business elsewhere. Now that he has returned, I have no excuse for being in that room at all times.

"Why does it take so long for him to come to?" I question. It's frustrating watching him, caught in his own mind, at the mercy of someone like Fate.

Fate pulls my seat out for me at the table. "Everything that was taken away at Death needs to be returned. It's a careful process."

Instead of pulling up a plate and pulling dinner onto it, I slump down on the tabe. This is exhausting. And to think, Fate has not yet informed me on what I will be doing once my father wakes. He has plans for me, and every time my mind skips upon them, a nervous sweat begins above my brow.

"You're worrying too much," Fate says, reaching for the salt shaker. "He's going to wake up soon."

"I know that," I drawl into my arms, refusing to raise my head.

"What I do want to tell you, is that things may be different with Jasper. He's been through a troubling process, and considering the time frame of his death, it will be shocking for him waking in reality," Fate explains to me.

I sigh through my nose. "Exactly what I want to hear."

Despite the worry manifesting from his words, I understand the process. As far as the tales say, once you die, you live on in another realm. Death guides it from a far. Only a small few of the very best are brought back to live in the immortal world with the likes of Fate or Sinful. I'm not sure if they chose which territory they live in or what. I suppose I never got to make that decision.