Chapter Sixty Three

• COMING SOON •To Wattpad and Radish

• COMING SOON •
To Wattpad and Radish

Word Count: 1325

​Wrath's heart pounded. She swallowed, hard, trying to calm herself. She had never seen anything so bright. And it wasn't just the overwhelming light—energy pulsed from its center, radiating outward. Whatever was walking toward her was stronger than anything she'd ever seen, stronger than she.

​Suddenly she was pulled from the bed, pressed to stand and unable to fight the powerful pull. The breath was sucked out of her, leaving her gasping.

​The walking figure neared and, suddenly, Wrath saw it was a tall, striking woman with a pale, angular face and gray eyes that radiated an energy Wrath had never before seen. She was swathed in gray robes that swirled around her moving body. The fabric looked soft to the touch, almost like silk, but lighter, like wind made into matter.

​"I am Millicent," the woman said. The voice was not loud, but it echoed inside Wrath's head and all through her body.

​"Holy shit," Wrath said, gasping in a breath. "You're the Moon."

​As a mortal, she'd grown up honoring the Moon. As an Immortal she'd feared her. The Moon was distant and remote and never—ever—appeared.

​Millicent looked at Wrath, regarding her with her mesmerizing eyes. "I am she."

***

​Nico stared at the scoreboard, unable to wrap her brain around the numbers. "I never lose."
​Seff snorted. "Come on, Nico. You lose plenty. I used to beat you all the time when we were kids. I saw your little sister kick your ass more than once, too. You just got too used to playing Anders." Seff shifted and cleared his throat.

"You know that guy was shit at darts."

​Nico's heart gave a painful pulse, suddenly uncomfortable at the mention of her mate's name. Perhaps sensing they were about to go down a dark path, Seff looked around the bar.

​"A bet's a bet." He clapped his hands together. "Let's find you the man of your dreams."

​"You're enjoying this too much." Nico shook her head. "Fine. Make my death quick. Who's it going to be?"

​Seff looked startled, and pulled the phone Fate had given them out of his pocket. "I keep forgetting I have this," he said, looking down at it. "I'm just telling him where we are.

Safehouse," he said. He glanced up, then back down, entering the details into the text. "And Lucky's still with that lumberjack loser." He slipped the phone back in his pocket and looked around.