Chapter Twenty

This banner is absolutely stunning! Thank you so much Kastoffel for sending this in to me (:

My email is open if you would like to send your banners or fanart drawings for Fate in! Midika36@gmail.com

Also, merch is available right now!! It's on Society6, and app and a desktop page

Also, merch is available right now!! It's on Society6, and app and a desktop page. Under Midika Crane, you guys can get my merch!

Word Count: 3546

~Zayla

I wander over to Fate, kicking sand with every step. He glances up from what he was reading. Noticing that I'm approaching, he sets the book down on his lap. He regards me silently, as I fall into a seat beside him, careful of the lunch he had set out on the table in front of us.

"I'm bored of this place," I remark.

Fate raises a brow, letting it disappear under a fringe of cobalt hair. "Is that right?'

"Yes, it is," I reply, leaning back in my chair, letting the sun peaking over the side of the cave lip shine right across my upper body. "I'm sitting here doing nothing."

"Are you not putting your master plan into play?" Fate ask, sipping out of a fine china tea cup, watching me over the rim.

I tilt my head. "Master plan?"

At this point, my master plan involved the longest con possible. I've come to realise that brute force and quick wit isn't going to get me anywhere with Fate. If I have it, Fate probably has a version of it on steroids. So, I've concluded that my best way to get out of here, after accidentally rejecting Sinful's offer, is to take my time. I need to deal with him, rather than run and put my family in danger.

"Well I assume you have something up your sleeve to eventually escape this place," he comments, picking up a spoon to swirl the content of his cup around.

I roll my eyes, perhaps stressing my position too heavily. "Please."

"I can't be too crazy for assuming that," he notes. He's not at all. In fact, we both know that a plan is brewing somewhere beneath the surface. Right now, it's just easier to pretend like everything is just fine. "You should eat something."

"I'm not hungry," I reply, my eyes scanning the table laden with food right in front of me. "And you already seem to have taken my stone, and watched me train my whole life for combat, to turn me immortal and render those skills useless."

Fate looks surprised, but not for the reason I think he is. "You're not hungry? You're always hungry at this time of the day."

My nose scrunches up. Typical of him to mention my eating habits as an attempt to distract me.

"Can we get back to what we were talking about earlier?"

"Sure," Fate says smoothly, before he motions down to the table. I've been trying to ignore my hunger, considering the importance of my plan instead. "Once you eat that bread roll."