1/Mrs.Ghetto

"... You gotta billion dollar body trust me I know. You keep it hood no matter where you are... "

-August Alsina|Ghetto

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Michelle 'Phat Phat' Anderson****

"Phat! Tou betta' wate up gurl before tou be late!" My mother's loud voice rang out as her thick Jamaican accent poured from every word she spoke.

I wanted to pull the covers over my head and hide beneath the warm comforter forever but, knowing my moms she would most likely throw some ice cold ass water on my ass if I don't get up. I peeled the comforter away from my body as I looked over at the clock and noticed that I only had less than 30 minutes to be ready to catch the bus to get to school.

I ran into the bathroom down the hallway and quickly removed the little piece of clothing from my body. Although I only had a little amount of time to get ready, I would never be able to enjoy a full out hour hot shower due to all the water line pipes being connect to each restroom in one unit. So, if one person decided to be selfish with the hot water then all the people in that unit suffers. I ran the soapy towel along my whole body cleaning and scrubbing as quick as I could without feeling dirty.

Once I felt clean enough, I twisted the knobs to turn the water off and stepped out wrapping a towel around my wet body. I ran out of the bathroom and into my bedroom to finish getting ready for school.

I attended Carter High-school in the hood of Oak Cliff as a junior. That school was really something. Honestly, the whole, get-an-education thing has fell out the window as bitches showcase they flyest gear, hoes stay flocking to the hottest niggas, niggas never leaving the hustle alone. It's like school is now just an ordinary place in the hood to some people, except me. I actually went to learn just so that one day I can say: I made it out the hood.

As I finished lathering my body up with scented lotion, I slipped on a pair of denim highwaisted short that stopped a little below my belly button. A fake crystal incrusted Bandeau top covered my upper body. My belly button ring was on full display as my honey brown, waistlength boxbraids was pulled into a high ponytail on my head. I didn't want to be too flashy today so I put on a simple pair of diamond earrings and put on my khaki colored sandals. I smiled as I looked down at my freshly painted pink toes that I had painted the night before.

I grabbed my khaki sweater just in case the school finally decided to turn the air on and my satchel and headed towards the kitchen where my moms was sitting at enjoying a warm cup of coffee and reading the paper.

"Ma' I'm out." I called out as I grabbed a orange and headed out the door. I felt around in my bag for my house key and found it at the bottom of my bag along with my school ID badge. I locked the doors and ran down the stairs. I slung my satchel across my body and proceeded to peeling my orange.

As I walked through the park, I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. Thanks to my part time job that I picked up working at a chicken place called, Rudy's, I was able to buy myself one of those android phones that everybody seemed to have nowadays.

It was my bestfriend, Angelina, also know as, Red around Landowin Anne. Me and her go way back to elementary school. When my moms, sister, and I had all just moved here to Landowin Anne, me and her used to but heads all the time but eventually we ended up dicovering we were just alike. Now seven years later, we're like two peas in a pod.