18/ Left Turns

"When a life is taken, a new life is given... "

-Unknown

*     *      *

               Michelle Phat Phat Anderson

     "Who da' fuck is this bitch?" A tall dark skinned man with dreads asked.

     His facial structure was similar to Calvin's minus his taller stance. His whole bottom row of teeth was covered in gold. And he wore nothing but all black. A deep frown masked his handsome features as the frown was directed towards me and Calvin.

     "Yo' don't be disrespectin' my lady, B. I know you pissed but she ain't have shit to do with this, aight?" Calvin stood up which caused me to stand as well.

I stood my ground and stepped up closer holding my chin up. "If Imma be a bitch just know that I'm THE bitch." I defended myself.

I don't take disrespect too kindly especially when the b-word is being thrown around so frivolously.

"Tell ha' to fallback fo she have a bullet between ha' eyes." He snarled at me.

"Not if I put one between yours first." I smirked.

I'm seeing this nigga must not know who my ex was. Messiah may have been doing his dipping while we were together but he made sure he made time to teach me how to send a nigga to the graveyard.

"Yo' chill. Look, she ain't the problem here. The problem is that mama layin' on ha' back with a fucking bullet in her dome and eyes wide opened. Also, a bloody ass message on the wall talkin' 'bout life for life." Calvin stepped behind me and wrapped his arms around my small body.

His older brother ran a hand down his face,"You right, you right." He sighed. "My bad itty bitty, I'm Midnight." He said.

"Itty bitty?" I asked in disbelief.

He never replied as he walked into the kitchen to see the horrid sight. Calvin rubbed my arms in a soothing notion which helped to calm my nerves.

"Why can't we just call the police?" I asked baffled.

The only reason he wouldn't want to call the police is if he was in some illegal shit which I've suspected all along. But, if he wasn't then what was the problem with calling the police? Sure, the case most likely wouldn't be solved due to the fact that random deaths have been spreading like wildfire and I could ony see that Messiah was behind all of this.

"Ain't nobody callin' no fuckin' 5-o!" Midnight barked while walking out of the kitchen and back into the sitting area.

"She didn't say she was man. Calm the fuck down, B. You really pissin' me off with you disrespectin' my lady." Calvin bit out through clenched teeth.

"Man fuck this. Imma round errbody up. Be ready by elemen. This shit is important." And on that note, Midnight walked out of the house and we could hear the slamming of the door echo through the quiet home.

"Meeting? Eleven? Calvin what the fuck is goin' on?" I turned around in his embrace and stepped away from him to make sure I could see him.

"It's noth-"

"Bullshit! You stay lien' to me 'bout this shit! If I'm yo' lady why we keepin' secrets then?" I asked becoming frustrated that he was going to continue to lie in my damn face.

"Look, Michelle. It ain't nothi-"

"Lie to me one more damn time and I'll find my own damn way back home and you can lose my number while your at it." I threatened.