23/ Catchin' Time

"What goes around comes back around..."

-Unknown

--------

       Messiah Jackson

  "Alright, alright. So I gotta hold her hand?" I asked as the doctor placed the blue scrubs around my clothes.

  "Yes sir, Mr. Jackson." I nodded my head and went on the side and held on to Michelle's hand.

  "How you holdin' up, shawty?" I dubbed her sweaty forehead as she gripped the shit out of my hand.

  Her manicured nails dug into the flesh of my tattooed skin as she inhaled and exhaled steadily.

  "I swear, if that motherfucker wasn't ah dead, I would ah kill hem myself. Estipid bourik negro mwen pral Fuck manman bourik l 'leve." She mumbled the last part in her mother language as she gripped my hand harder.

  "What the fuck you say?" I furrowed my brows as Dr. Foster peeked beneath the sheets and began talking to his assistance which was another man, much to my dismay.

  "Estipid!" She yelled out and I still didn't understand what the fuck she was calling me.

  "Aight, whateva." She breathed out heavily through her flared nostrils.

  "Time to push. On the count of three, I want you to push as hard as you can." Dr. Foster said as he removed the sheet from her lower body and opened her legs a little wider.

  Michelle nodded her head as he counted down. On one, she let out a loud yell as she pushed.

----------

  "Oh my beby," she whispered as tears formed in her eyes.

  She held the small baby in her arms as she rocked. I watched with intensity while she smiled largely and the sadness fill her honey orbs. I came to stand beside her and looked down at the chocolate baby that was peering at me with his large honey eyes similar to his mother's.

   "He got got yo' eyes." I said unconsciously as I stared at the baby.

    Although I still didn't like his bitch ass deceased daddy, I knew what it was like to grow up without a father. And for that, I promised to be the daddy to him that he would never have. I'll treat him the same as I do my own just as Michelle treats the twins as her own. He may not be my biological son but today as I stare down at his little chocolate body, I know that he doesn't have to share any blood with me for I love him just as much.

   "Yeah, he got more of my features than his daddy. The only thing I see that he got from Calvin was this dark ass skin." She laughed and I joined right on in.

  "Can I hold him?" I asked.

  She looked at me hesitantly before holding out the baby and placing him in my arms. I cradled his small body and a kool-aide smile painted my lips. The sense of becoming a father washed over me just as it had done with the twins. I kissed his forhead and nodded my head over in Michelle's direction.

  "This my lil' nigga." She smiled and nodded her head.

  "Oh my gosh! Lemme see my god child!" Red loud ass exclaimed as soon as she burst through the door.

  "Nah, go wash yo' hands or sanitize them." I ordered.

  She rolled her eyes but went to do just that in the insuite bathroom inside of one of my many bedrooms. Juicy, Smooth, my mom, Michelle's mom, and the twins all piled inside of the room as they began congratulating Michelle on her baby.