25/ Trials & Tribulations

"... If I get jail, gotta go to court. She be right there, need I say more?

Love..."

-Ace Hood ft. Chris Brown | Rider

-----

            Michelle 'Phat Phat' Anderson

   I buttoned up the last button on my navy blue sheer blouse. Turning around, I saw Messiah walk into the room holding a sleeping Josiah in his arms that were covered by the navy blue Armani suit he wore.

   When I had returned back home from the many trips I had been on, it came as a suprise to me when I saw Messiah laid out on the floor with all the babies on him, as they all slept peacefully. I was shocked and happy, hoping they had let him free but that was short-lived when he told me otherwise.

     Now, here I stood, dressed all nice to watch the love of my life be taken away from me. Hearing my name being called pulled me out of my thoughts as his large arm encircled around my waist. He placed a soft and gentle kiss to my temple as he stared down at me with his intense grey orbs.

     "You aight?" He creased his brows.

     "I'm fine." I strained out with a weak smile. I willed myself not too cry.

     "Liar. I know we been through some shit and all that but this just anotha' trial we gotta face. But at the end we always conquer. Not suck that shit up and be strong. We gotta' keep a move on it." He advised and I nodded my head.

      Taking a couple of deep breaths, I was fine again and went into the twins room and saw them already dressed and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I don't know how it happened but they were some serious fans of the show. That was damn near the only thing that they had a common thread for— besides, their looks.

     "Twins." I called out and their eyes reluctantly pulled away from the tv and towards me.

       King ofcourse, was the first one to be on his feet and then in my arms before MJ became jealous and he was soon in my arms as well. I turned off the tv and light before exiting out of their room and into the hallway. The smell of breakfast was heavy in the air but the way my stomach continued to churn at the nervousness I felt, I could barely stomach the idea of eating. With that being said, I walked downstairs and into the large dining area and saw everyone dressed nicely eating breakfast. I sat the twins down and went into the kitchen to retrieve me a glass of water instead of wine. I walked back out with the glass in hand and saw the looks of disapproval on their faces.

      "Beby, don't tou ah tin-"

      "Water. It's just water." I snapped a little too harshly then intended. I sighed before shaking my head,"Sorry mama." I mumbled. I continued drinking the glass of water as I left out of the dining room area and into the living room. My eyes stayed glued to the floor as I brought the glass to my lips with shaky hands. I was a nervous wreck right now and all I wanted to do was take Messiah and the boys away from all of this and just run away. But I knew better than that.

       "Michelle." I already knew who it was which is why my eyes continued to find the coffee colored carpet very interesting.

       "Michelle, look at me." He ordered with finality laced in his voice.

      I reluctantly pulled my head up as I stared up into his eyes. He took a seat beside me and wrapped his large arms around me and that was all it took for me to began crying. I cried for many reasons— I cried for myself, I cried for him, I cried for the boys, I cried because of Calvin, I just cried and the tears continued to dampen his expensive suit which could easily be replaced. He rubbed soothing circles on my back as he whispered sweet nothings into my ear. My tears slowly decresed and soon I was just clutching ahold of him for dear life.

        "Come on now, shawty. We been discussed this. I know how bad you hurtin' but we got four lil' babies up in there that don't need to see you cryin' cause they daddy fucked up. I need you to be strong for them and if not them then me. I can't leave you all broken down, cause what's that gon' do? Nothing, so gon' head and dry them eyes and fix this sexy ass face of yours so we can get this shit over with. The faster we get a move on it, the faster we get this shit done and over with." He removed his arms from me and stood up.

           He kissed my forehead and went back into the dining room as I let his words soak in. And come to think of it, he's right. I need to suck it up cause my tears won't get anything solved. And with that in mind, I stood up and went into the nearest guest bathroom to freshen up before I had joined everyone out in the forye and we were on our way.

-------

           I stared at the man that had healed me with pure love and adoration shining brightly in my sugar brown eyes. He stared back at me with his intense grey eyes that had managed to turn a beautiful shimmering silver color as he looked at me with complete and utter love. We both wore smiles that lite up the room we were currently in.

  Our life was far from perfect, hell our life was pretty fucked-up if you let us tell it, but with one other standing by our side we knew that someday we would be alright. Through all the shit we had been through during these past years or so we knew that our life was only destined to get better. 

He reached out and grabbed my hand. I intertwined our fingers together and pulled his hand to my lips placing sweet tenderous kisses on his fingers. He shivered beneath my touch and I could only smile in response.

"No matter what happens today, promise me something?" He asked as he quickly glanced towards the doors ahead of us that could determine our future.

"Wassup shawty." I smiled.

He chuckled and shook his head, "You gone always have my back."

"My word is engraved in stone." I vowed using the same words he said to me that caused me to become the woman I am today.

  He nodded his head and placed one last kiss to my lips before giving Josiah and the twins kusses on their foreheads and I watched with a shallow smile as he departed ways to meet with his lawyer.

--------

    "Alright, I'm sentencing Mr. Messiah Jackson to three years of federal prison upstate. Case dismissed." The white aging judge banged her gavel and the officers wasted no time in placing handcuffs around Messiah's wrist.

     "Dada!" MJ screamed out as he tried to run up to Messiah who looked at us and mouthed a 'love you' before they escorted him away.

     Ms. Lelah's whimpers could be heard from behind me as my mother tried her hardest to console her. Smooth had grabbed the twins to calm them down. Josiah had slept through the whole thing which wasn't a suprise. A tear escaped my eye before I had held Josiah closely to my chest while I cried one again. Two sets of arms wrapped around me and it didn't take a scientist to know that Juicy and Red had came to my side.

      Even with the words of comfort, I still felt empty without Messiah right here beside me.

--------

  One last chapter left and the book will officially be ended.

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

,Elise