Chapter 15

Maddy ran to the camp and stood in shock. The woven tents were chewed up, baskets and sacks were spilled and ripped. And the most shocker, there was no meat.

Jana couldn't have done this. She would never! Maddy knew something was terribly wrong with Jana

"Maddy are you ok!?" It was Emma

"Yes mam I'm fine" Maddy replied and tugged away from her mum. She was still upset at Emma for hating Rhydian and blaming him for all the trouble.

Emma shook her head and walked towards the cliff.

Rhydian was on his own. Maddy began to worry. He had been a lone wolf before, but he had humans taking care of him. And this was the wild, who knew how long he would last.

Maddy walked over to Demetra who was carrying some injured children.

"Don't worry Maddy," Demetra said calmly, "you'll be able to find out what's happening."

Maddy was confused, "Me?"

Demetta nodded. "I'm going to tell you to do something that Bryn had me do. I want you to find Jana, and Rhydian. "

Maddy had her doubts. Why was Demetra telliimg her to do it? Bryn did tell Demetra to get Rhydian, which meant he trusted her.

"Ok" Maddy replied.

"Here's another thing." Demetra added. "Jana took all the food, so you'll have to hunt. I know you've never done it before, but its your only option. Second, you may come across humans, so you'll have to blend in. Try and get clean and find some money. And third, " Demetra bit her lip , "Don't come back until you've finished this task."

Maddy's heart began beating faster. This sounded like suicide. Having to go back into the human world, was just scary.

"Here," Demetra said and picked up a woven tent , "This one isn't damaged,"

She then handed her an empty sack and basket.

Maddy slung the tent on her back, wrapped the sack through her belt loop, and picked up the basket.

"Wait," Maddy realized, "Its a no moon day!"

Demetra looked up at the sky, "Seven hours till midnight, you'll have to track Jana some other way till then."

"What about the pack? Won't they come looking for me?" Maddy asked.

Demetra shook her head. "My dad is second in command, he never, ever, sleeps and has a policy were a wolf behind is a wolf behind."

Maddy nodded. She was still feeling guilty about doing this.

"I'll distract them Maddy," Demetra said. "Go to the place you last saw Jana, and figure out a way to track her. Good luck."

Demetra walked away, put the children down, and walked over to a patch of dead grass. She picked up two rocks and rubbed then together.

At that moment, Maddy took of into the woods. She couldn't run as fast, but when she looked back, all she saw was fire.