Chapter 21

Rhydian ran through the dark wood trees. They were so full of leaves that barely any sunlight was showing through.

Rhydian had the strongest feeling that Dr. Whitewood was behind this mess. Well, obviously, who else could it be?

But then the outhouse came back to his mind. What was that all about?

Rhydian thoughy for a second. Hr was trying to track Bryn at that moment, so maybe Bryn was in the outhouse?

Rhydian shook that thought out of his head and focused on running through the woods until he got to the plains.

Then Rhydian caught a weird scent near a tall birch tree. He stopped running and looked at the tree. At the root was a small purple bump.

Rhydian slowly walked towards the tree and crouched down to the root. He pressed his fingers his forefinger to the plant, which burnt to the touch.

Rhydian shrugged and stood up. He turned his attention back to the plains and continued to run.

It turns out he was only 600 steps away from the plains. Rhydian stopped to catch his breath, then pressed his fingers to the grass.

He searched for the outhouse, except it seemed like something was wrong with Eolas.

Instead he saw himself in a third person view. He was crouched on the ground with his fingers on the grass, and in front of him was the outhouse.

Rhydian snapped out of "Eolas" and almost fell on his back. The outhouse was suddenly in front if him.

Rhydian shook his head in confusion, but slowly walked to the outhouse. He stood in front if the door, examining the small building.

He placed his hand on the knob and turned it. The door opened and he stuck his head inside.

There wasn't any toilet, which was odd. Rhydian walked into the outhouse, but it was too late to realize that there wasn't a floor in front of the door.

Rhydian fell through the hole in the ground and landed hard.

"Ow," he muttered and slowly got up.

Rhydian brushed himself off and looked around. The only thing he saw was a tunnel leading forward.

Rhydian crepped forward through the tunnel. About half way there, he could spot a white door at the very end.

Once he was close enough to the door, he pressed his ear to it. He could here voices.

"ABSOLUTLY NOT!" the voice said, "WHY IN THE WORLD, AFTER THE STORY I JUST TOLD YOU, WOULD YOU THINK I WOULD WANY TO WORK FOR THAT SELFISH, BRATTY, MORON!"

Rhydian sniffed the air. A human was in there, and so was...

Bryn.

************

Bryn woke up to the sound if flasks clinking together next to him. He tried to sit up, but apparently he was tied down to an experiment table.

Then Arthur, who taking chemicals out of a cupboard, turned his head to face Bryn.

"My my Bryn you're looking rather pale today," he said and walked over to Bryn.

" Why are you doing this?" Bryn managed yo say from weakness, "Are you just too deep in revenge that you don't see what you are doing?"

Arthur laughed, "I know exactly what I'm doing. Because if you, I will be yhe richest man alive and make Dr. Whitewood look like a fool!"

Bryn knew he couldn't change Arthur's mind, but he knew how to manipulate.

"You know," Bryn began, "Dr. Whitewood has discovered more about wolfbloods than you have. You should have stayed being her assistant-"

"ABSOLUTLY NOT!" Arthur yelled, "WHY IN THE WORLD, AFTER THE STORY I JUST TOLD YOU, WOULD YOU THINK I WOULD WANT TO WORK FOR THAT SELFISH, BRATTY, MORON!"

Suddenly there was a loud bang on the door.

"What the heck?" Arthur said and grabbed one of his chairs  and pointedvit towards the door.

There were a few more loud bangs on the door untilviy completrly fell down. Standing in the door's place was Rhydian.

"Rhydian?" Bryn squeaked, "What are you doing here?"

Arthur charged at Rhydian, hitting him in the gut with the chair. Rhydian fell to the floor while Arthur began to repeatedly hit him with the chair.

Rhydian reached behind him and grabbed the fallen door and whacked Arthur.

Arthur was thrown against the wall with the chait flying out of his hand. Rhydian ran to Arthur and hit him on the with the door. Arthur fell to the ground, blood coming out of his head.

Bryn gasped, "Rhydian? Did you just-"

Rhydian ran to Bryn and untied him from the table, "Come on Bryn, we don't have time-"

"Rhydian!" Bryn said firmly and Rhydian looked at him.

"Did you kill him?" Bryn demanded, "Did you kill Arthur? "

Rhydian looked over at Arthur, "I don't know."