Midnight love

I forced myself to stay awake and wait for Harry to come back from work. He texted me not long ago and said he's working overtime, again.

Sometimes I worry if the management is stressing the boys too hard because for a few times, Harry came back from around 1 in the morning. I furrowed my eyebrows and smoothed them back forcefully using my thumb and forefinger. 

I took a calming, deep breath and head upstairs to our bedroom. After I brushed my teeth and got into my usual sleepwear: one of Harry's tee and my black shorts. I grabbed my book that's propped open upside down on my bedside table and picked up reading where I last stopped.

30 minutes in, I could feel the sleepiness taking over and I rested my head on the pillow, still carrying on reading half-heartedly. Not long after, I drifted off to sleep and as my grip loosened, my book fell to the ground.

Snore.

Hence I did not realize the silent opening of the front door as Harry slipped in late at night, nor did I hear him shuffling up the stairs as quiet as a mouse, careful not to wake me up.

I did not hear Harry stripping down to his boxers or felt his weight dip the mattress down slightly. However, a part of me stirred as Harry gently snaked his arms around me to spoon me.

My back was facing him and I felt steady hot breaths down the back of my neck. A small part of me was aware that Harry was back, but the annoyingly larger part of me convinced me to fall back asleep.

Suddenly, Harry's soft whispers rang out in the quiet room. I could feel his breaths more intently as he whispered in my ears: "Baby, are you awake? Because I really want to kiss you right now."

This time, I was more than half awake and I could've answered him. Call me mean, but I didn't reply him, teasing him a little.

He sighed softly and murmured to himself: "Okay, I'll take that as a no. I love you, honey."

I couldn't bear it anymore as I turned around to face him with a sleepy grin. I wanted so badly to open my eyes but it remained one remained droopy as one blinked spastically. I probably look horrible right now but Harry didn't seemed to care or mind as he pulled me closer.

"I thought you're asleep." Harry whispered affectionately and I smiled back and replied in my croaky voice.

"I was, but now I'm awake." I grinned toothily. He whispered again: "Good. Because I need my good night kiss before I can sleep."

"Oh c'mere...." I grabbed the back of his neck fondly closer towards me and pressed my lips against his. He smiled into this kiss with satisfication and tangled his fingers through my hair.

The kiss was a little lazy but nonetheless, filled with love and passion. We moved our lips slowly, taking our time, comfortable in each other's arms.

I breathed: "Good night, Hazza." Harry smiled back at me through the darkness.

"Good night, kitten. I love you so much."

"I love you more." I concluded with a press on his nose.

I snuggled deep into his warm chest and he rested his chin on top of my head. Suddenly, he whispered again.

"Hey Y/N?"

"Hmm?" I replied half-heartedly, almost drifting off to sleep.

"I love you the most." There's a question mark on my head as I wondered why did he said that so randomly. It occurred to me after a while that he's still lingering at the last conversation we had.

What a dork, I smiled to myself against his chest and kissed it gently. 

"Go to sleep, Harry."