Chapter 2: Life-Changing Discovery

Revised: 1/31/18

Words: 1720

Five years later (again)

~Rebecka's POV~

I woke up to the smell of French toast, bacon, and eggs. My favorite meal, same as Louis's.

We only have bacon on special days, I thought. Oh ya! It's my tenth birthday today!

I went downstairs and saw everyone else up to the table.

"Finally up, sleepy-head," twelve year old Louis told me.

"Shut up Louis," I told him. "It's only eight in the morning."

"Fine, you win."

"Becky, get some food, then we can go ice skating with your friends," Mum told me.

I quickly got some food and ate it as fast I could. I started going back upstairs when I got interrupted by Dad.

"Where do you think your going, birthday girl?"

"Getting ready for the day," I said, looking down at my pajamas.

"Okay, just try to hurry," he said with a familiar smile full of love.

"I'll try," I answered.

I went upstairs into my room and quickly got dressed. I put some long, thick socks so my ankles won't hurt from the skates. I put my new pair of converse shoes that I got on Christmas ten days ago. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth when I saw Louis already in there.

"What are you doing, Lou?" I ask.

"I'm bwushing my eeth," he said with a mouth full of toothpaste. He spit it out and said, "I'm just going to rinse out my mouth, then you can have the bathroom."

Louis quickly rinsed his mouth out and left.

Finally some privacy, I thought. I put a pea-sized amount of toothpaste on my brush and got it wet. I started brushing my teeth. I got done and rinsed out my mouth. While I was in the bathroom, I pulled my dark hair back into a ponytail.

I went back into my room and got my jacket (It was thick and warm enough for winter), gloves, my scarf, and my skates that I also got from Christmas ten days ago and went back downstairs. I saw my friend in the living room, and gave her a hug.

"I'm so glad you made it, Kim," I said.

"Sorry to interrupt your little reunion," Louis started. "But we should go. I really want to ice skate. I haven't been since I was three ."

"Sorry, Lou, but I was only one, and you only went with dad," I started. "So you can't say anything."

As we were walking out of the door, I quickly grabbed a beanie from the hat rack. We finally made it to the rink and we paid the entrance fee and rented one pair of skates for Kim. We sat down on the benches to put our skates on, and we hobbled onto the ice.

"Woah," Kim said as she quickly grabbed onto my arms to keep her balance.

We look at each other and giggled. I looked at her blonde hair and blue eyes. They matched winter perfectly. We held onto the sides of the rink until we got the hang of it.

~Louis's POV~

It was hard to believe that time had passed so quickly. We were already skating for an hour. So far, it was fun, other than we would slip every now and then. I spotted Becky and Kim by the sides of the rink, with Kim's hand on Becky's back. I skated over there to see what was going on.