Chapter 8: Admitting the Truth

Revised: 8/16/18

A new POV is in this chapter! I'm excited! ;)

Words: 2311

~Louis's POV~

Becky rang the doorbell. I heard shuffling around, and then Mum answered the door.

"Becky! Louis! Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" She asked excitedly.

"We wanted to surprise you. We have to leave on Monday morning. Is it alright if the band stays?" I ask.

"Of course!" She started. "You can all introduce yourselves to me," she said to the band.

"Cool!" exclaimed Harry.

"Come in, have a seat," Mum said. "I'll get some cookies!"

"Mum, you don't have to make any just for this," I said.

"Oh, love, I made some yesterday because I was bored," Mum answered.

"Well, in that case," I pipe in. "Yummy!"

~Rebecka's POV~

Mum left to go to the kitchen and came back a minute later with a plate of cookies.

"Go ahead, ready when you are," she said as she set the cookies on the coffee table.

"I think I will start," Niall said. "I am Niall Horan, and I'm from Ireland. I play the guitar, and I love Nandos."

"Oh, yeah," Liam said. "Louis, we forgot."

"Hey Mum?" I ask. I wink at Liam and Louis.

"Yeah?" she answered.

"Can we order Nandos for lunch?"

"Sure, but that's strange. You never ask for Nandos," she said suspiciously.

"It's for Niall. He said he'll only come if we have Nandos," I said with a laugh.

"Oh, makes sense."

"Harry, would you like to go next?" I say, doing a small impression of royalty.

"Um, sure. My name is pretty ironic, but it's Harry Styles," Harry said.

"Wow, I see what you mean," Mum said. "Curly hair and all."

"I'm from Holmes Chapel, and that's about it," Harry continued.

***

After we introduced ourselves to Mum, it was eleven o'clock in the morning, almost lunch time.

"Hey, who's up for a game football in the field by the house?" I ask.

"Is it a field of weeds, yellow grass, or green grass?" Liam asked.

"Green grass, duh," I say.

"Sign me up!" Zayn said.

"Just a minute while I put my hair up and change into more athletic clothes," I say as I run up the stairs.

~Louis's POV~

"I'll just put my cleats on then," I say awkwardly to no one.

I sit down on the couch and take my shoes off and trade them for cleats. The boys did the same. We were just finishing up when Becky came down in sweatpants, a tank top, cleats, and a ponytail, carrying the ball.

"Are you ready?" I ask.

"Yup!" Everyone looked up from finishing tying their cleats.

"Come on, slow pokes!" Becky said.