Chapter 12: Unofficial Sixth Member

Words: 1253

Revised: 9/23/18

~Rebecka's POV~

We were on the stage, seeing who was going to stay for another week. I was nervous, since there were only five contestants left.

"The following people are safe. If I call your name, please step forward," Simon said after we performed. "Shailey Gilbert and One Direction."

The band stepped forward along with Shailey. I stayed behind everybody, hoping I would still be in the competition.

"The rest of you, you are in danger of leaving tomorrow," Louis the judge said.

"The people going home tomorrow are," Cheryl said, slightly frowning. "Rebecka Tomlinson and Joe Cameron."

I felt my eyes well up with tears and roll down my cheeks. I was going home. Louis stole a glance at me, but I didn't care. I was too busy lost in my thoughts about what was going to happen next.

"Congratulations, guys, you made it!" Simon said to the winners.

~Louis's POV~

I can't believe we made it this far. We all started hyperventilating, and Harry and Niall got their inhaler and breathed it in. I see Becky, with her tears running down her cheeks. We all went backstage, and I immediately went to hug Becky.

"Rebecka, I'll find a way for you to still be a music person, if you know what I mean," I tell her.

"Louis, you haven't called me that since I was eleven. Why now?" Becky said with a very small chuckle.

"I just-- I just wanted you to know that it doesn't matter to me if you win X Factor or not. You'll still be the Rebecka Anne Tomlinson that I know," I said. "That Tomlison girl that sings, plays guitar and maybe even transfer to electric and acoustic guitars."

"Lou, I-- thanks, Louis, that means a lot to me," Becky said as she hugged me back.

"By the way, Beck, I meant it when I said that I'll find a way for you to keep performing," I said, winking at the boys.

They must have know what I meant, because they smiled back.

"Let's go back to the house, and I'll help you pack," I said, winking at the boys.

"Yeah, I agree," said Harry.

***

"Becky, Mum gave me something to give you when you either win or when you lose," I tell Becky as we were finishing up the packing.

"What is it?" Becky sniffled.

"Let's go out for ice cream, one more time, just because it will be special," I started. "And going out for ice cream is the first public thing that we did as a band."

"Okay, yeah," Becky smiled.

***

We pulled up to the ice cream parlor and piled out of the car. We get in line to order, and a few fans come over and ask for our autographs.

"Are you guys writing anything yet?" One fan asked.

"Yes, actually. We're working on our first album," Liam said. "But we can't spill anything else."

I thought about our first album, Up All Night. It was going to be amazing, or as I thought anyways.

"Well, have a good night!" Harry said, flashing them a smile.

It was out turn to order ice cream.

"I'll take a chocolate base, caramel mix-in, and chocolate syrup and rainbow sprinkles," Becky ordered.