Chapter 23: 2nd Attempt

Words: 1648

~Harry's POV~

"Harry?" Maddie said, sounding like she was about to cry. "I thought you loved me."

"Maddie, please! This isn't what it looks like," I tried to explain.

"No, Harry! I'm done! If you want to be with Becky, then be with her!" Maddie took her ring off and set it on the table by the door. "I'm sorry Harry."

"No! Please Maddie! Let me explain!" I shouted back at her.

"Goodbye, Harry," Maddie said, crying. She left the room running.

I stood up and tried to run after her, but as soon as I put my injured leg down, I stumbled and yelped in pain. Before I knew it, Maddie was gone, and I was laying on the ground, holding my knee and whimpering.

"Harry!" Louis shouted. "Are you okay?"

"Maddie! No!" I shouted again. I started crying and talking quieter. "Please come back to me."

~Louis's POV~

"Harry, is your knee okay?" I asked again.

Harry came to his senses. "It hurts. I think I hurt it again."

"Guys!" Kristen shouted suddenly. "Becky's waking up!"

"Wha-- how?" I ask, looking in her direction. I saw Niall just barely taking his inhaler out of Becky's mouth and Becky's eyes fluttering slightly. "Niall, you did it!"

"It was nothing," Niall said simply, but sadly.

Mum walked in. "Where's Becky?"

"She's laying down," I said. "I think she's going to wake up soon."

"And what in the world is Harry doing on the floor?" Mum asked. "And crying?"

"Maddie called off the engagement," I explain. "It was a misunderstanding."

"Harry, I..." Mum put her hands on her mouth.

"It's fine," Harry sniffled. "I'll just h--have to f--find another girl."

"Hey, Harry," Zayn said with a soothing tone. "If the universe wants you two to be together, things will just, I don't know, work out."

"Thanks, Zayn, but I don't know if this can be fixed," Harry said. "Can someone help me up?"

"Niall?" Liam said, asking him to help.

We all looked at Niall and he looked back at us, but quickly turned away. I noticed his eyes were shiny-- no, wet-- With tears?

"Niall?" Kristen said again. "What's wrong?"

Niall sniffed. "I-- it's Becky," he said. "She's beautiful, but I broke up with her right before we played Over Again, and now, this happened."

"Niall," Mum said softly. "Everything will work out. If Becky is meant for you, things will work out."

"Can somebody help me up now?" Harry asked again.

"Sure," Kristen said. "Liam?"

"Come on," Liam said.

Kristen and Liam helped Harry up and Harry used them like human crutches and set him down on the other couch.

"Thanks guys," Harry said quietly.

"No problem, Haz," Liam said.

"No, not for helping me up," Harry said. "For helping me go through--"