Chapter 4: X Factor

Revised: 2/3/18

Words: 1465

~Rebecka's POV~

". . . So for so the right reasons, I'm going to say. . ." Those words stuck in my head like glue.

The female judge hesitated, then continued, ". . .Yes! Congratulations! Welcome to X Factor!"

"Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" I squealed and jumped up and down.

I went over to Louis and gave him a big hug.

"I made! You made it! We both made it!" I almost screamed in his ear.

Just then, I heard Mum on the phone.

"Congratulations, Rebecka," she said. "You did great! Thankfully it's summer so you won't have to miss school."

The phone was on speaker.

"Wait, you heard?" I ask.

"It was all Mum's idea," Louis said.

"Well, after I use the bathroom, then we can go. I need somewhere private to go to celebrate," I said.

"Go ahead, I'll wait in that hall," Louis said.

I got off stage and went to the bathroom sink. I splashed freezing cold water on my face to see if it was a dream, and the good news was, it wasn't. I squealed one again before coming out. I bumped into someone coming out men's room, feeling awkward.

"Sorry, I didn't see you there," I said to the man with dark brown hair and brown eyes.

"No problem. I'm Liam, by the way," he said extended his hand to me and I took it.

"I'm Rebecka. Nice to meet you, Liam," I told him. "I have to get going now, my brother is waiting for me."

"Well, don't keep him waiting," Liam told me as he flashed me a smile.

"See ya around," I said.

I went over and found Louis.

"Ready to go?" He asked me.

"Yeah, come on," I said, still smiling.

~Louis's POV~

I couldn't wait to go home to tell everyone the good news. We put our guitars in the back seat and got in my car. We drove for a few minutes, then I started talking to Rebecka.

"So, who was he?" I ask.

"Who's who?" She answered.

"That guy you were talking to," I explain.

"Oh, you mean Liam?" She asks.

"Yeah, him," I reply.

"We just ran into each other and talked," she said bashfully.

"More like flirted," I mumble to myself.

"What?"

"Nothing," I lie automatically, with a grin spreading across my face.

***

We walked in the door, and all the lights were off.

"Mum! Dad!" I call. No answer.

Rebecka called again.

"We're home!"

The light shot on, and the kitchen and living room was decorated with the X Factor theme.

"What's all the fuss?" I ask.

"Mum, you really didn't have to," Rebecka said.

"Yes, we did, Becky," she argued. "Oh, come here!" She pulled me and Rebecka into a big hug. "I'm so proud of my babies!"