Chapter 33: Resolution

Time jump to the end of January! I'm probably gonna time jump again, but not by much.

Words: 1577

~Rebecka's POV~

I was now twenty one, and Louis was twenty three. Harry's birthday was coming up again, and he was turning twenty one.

We were doing a concert in New York at the Madison Square Garden, one of my favorite places to perform.

"Hello America!" Niall said excitedly into the mic. "I Hope you're all enjoying your time tonight!"

"I would if Niall died!" Someone shouted. "For the millionth time, he doesn't deserve to be in a band!"

I looked over at Niall. This was the second time someone said something rude to him. He left to go backstage and cry, I assumed. Hopefully no one else heard it.

"Where'd Niall go?" Harry asked to no one in particular. "He's missing the concert! He never misses concerts!"

"I don't know," Zayn said. "But he have to start, even if it's without him. Becky, you'll just have to take over his solos."

"I always do though!" I protested. What if Niall got mad at me for covering for him and he got mad at me? What if he thought he didn't matter anymore because he saw me singing his solos?

"Becky, just do it," Liam said sternly.

"Fine, I will," I rolled my eyes. I only gave in because Liam gave me the 'voice', meaning he was about to get mad, and mad Liam is scary Liam. "But only because of Liam," I quickly added.

About halfway through the concert, Niall came back, looking terrible. His eyes were red and puffy from crying, and his hair and makeup was messed up. We were in the middle of singing Ready to Run, and I was singing the beginning of the second verse. Niall took one look at me and broke down again.

"Niall!" Liam shouted excitedly. "C'mon! You're missing the concert!"

Niall just stood their onstage, ignoring everybody. It seems he was in a daze, and Liam snapped him out of it.

"I-- I think I'm just gonna sit and watch you guys from backstage," Niall said.

"Please, Niall!" Harry begged. "It's not the same without you."

I heard Niall mumble something to himself, something along the lines of "yes it is."

"Why aren't you coming?" Louis asked.

"I am," Niall said slowly, and I could tell he was annoyed.

Niall dragged his feet over where Louis, Liam, Zayn, and Harry were. I followed.

"Niall?" Liam said. "Can me and Becky talk to you?"

"What do you want this time? First Zayn, and now this?" Niall said angrily. "What is wrong with you people?"

"Niall, calm down," I said. "You're scaring me." I couldn't keep my mind off of what Zayn had said when Niall hurt his knee and was in the hospital. 'Everything will be fine'. 'Niall's not like that.' Ya think, Zayn?

"Good," Niall said. "Cause I don't think I'm a true friend anymore."

Niall! How could you say that! I thought, and thankfully kept it to myself. Just whatever you do, please, please, please don't hurt yourself on purpose.

"I don't want to do the concert anymore," I spoke after a few minutes of awkward silence. "I'm gonna go to my room."

~Niall's POV~