Chapter 21: Kristen

Thanks to luckygirl987, I realized that I was paying too much attention to Harry and Maddie, when I'm supposed to be focusing on Becky and Niall. This chapter will kind of change that (hopefully), as well as introducing a new "main" character.

Words: 1577

~Rebecka's POV~

We decided to go to the bakery that Harry used to work at to stop by and see Mrs Styles. We entered, welcomed by the jingle of a bell.

"Well, if it isn't our favorite customers!" Mrs Styles smiled. "How're you doing, Harry?"

"I've been better," Harry said.

"And I'm assuming the same for Zayn?" She asked again.

"Yup, we're doing good!" Zayn said.

"It's really good to run into you again, Mrs Styles," Louis said as he extended his right arm to shake Mrs Styles's hand, but then quickly flinched and put it back at his side before Mrs Styles took it. "Ouch!"

"Louis? Are you okay?" Mrs Styles asked.

"Yes, he is," I spoke up. "Louis just wasn't being obedient and didn't bring his sling."

"Ouch, Becky. Ouch," Louis said bluntly. "That hurt my inner self."

"Well, it's your own fault for not getting your sling," I say.

"I was in a rush and I don't want to be seen in public with that thing on!" Louis exclaimed.

"Fine, fine," I said. "You win."

"So, Mum, I heard you hired a new employee?" Harry asked.

"Oh, yes, she's in the back, watching some cookies in the oven," Mrs Styles said. "She made them herself."

"Mum, please don't love her more than Gemma," Harry said.

~Louis's POV~

"Harry," I said sternly. "Saying stuff like that is my job."

"Well, I can say stuff like that too!" Harry sarcastically protested.

"Is she a good chef?" Niall asked. "I mean, does she help with the bakery a lot?"

"Yes, she does, except, that she can be a little clumsy," Mrs Styles explained.

"Who's a little clumsy?" We were interrupted by an unfamiliar voice.

"Kristen!" Mrs Styles jumped. "You surprised me there!"

"Sorry," she said. She looked at us. "Ohmygosh! Are you guys really--?"

"That's us!" Liam said.

"Says the one who's Peter Pan," I rolled my eyes and smile. "I'm Louis," I smiled. I learned not to extend my arm to shake her hand.

"Sorry about him," Niall said. He started moving his pointer finger around his temple. "He can get kinda coockoo up there."

I laugh. "Hey! Says the leprechaun!"

Niall laughed at my remark.

"Geez, Lou, your acting, more hyper that usual," Becky said.

I felt my cheeks grow red. "Uh, no, I'm not," I say, trying to prove them wrong. The truth was that I was acting differently then normal, but only because Kristen was in the room. I only get nervous around girls that I don't know, which makes me act different.