Chapter 28: Manchester

Enjoy :)

Words: 2136

~Rebecka's POV~

The bus ride was taking forever. We were on our way to the Manchester Arena for our next tour spot. After Manchester, we had almost a full year of tour coming our way. I want to make Manchester memorable, because that was the last time I would do Harry's solos. Maddie, me, and the band were just hanging out in the back when our driver called over the intercom.

Meanwhile, the only person who was still recovering from the accident was Harry.

"Only twenty minutes until we reach the hotel, guys. Hang tight," he said. "We're almost in Manchester."

"Yes, finally," Louis groaned.

"By the way, Dr Jenkins is coming to the concert today," Harry said. He chuckled. "He's a big fan of us."

"Don't forget about the meet and greet," I said.

"I can't wait for that!" Harry said. "You guys can finally meet Dr Jenkins. I know you've talked to him, but you can see his friend side, not just his doctor side. It's actually kinda cute that he and his family's a fan."

"Hey," Maddie said, nudging Harry. "I'm right here, ya know."

"You get what I mean," Harry said.

We tried to play cards for the next twenty minutes, but we kept getting distracted by the excitement of finally being able to get off the bus.

It was nine am, and we all woke up at three in order to get here on time, since the ride takes about five hours from London to Manchester. Sound check was from nine fourty-five to eleven, then the meet and greet was at three, and the concert was at five. Tight schedule, I know.

We finally parked and got out of the van to stretch. Manchester was beautiful, but it was nothing compared to my favorite tour spot, also Harry's worst, Utah. The desert scenery always left me in awe, along with the forests on the mountains, and it got even better in the fall, when everything was red, yellow, and orange. I didn't know someone could despise Utah as much as Harry does.

"Let's get something to eat," Paul said. We didn't eat breakfast yet, so we were all starving.

Paul led us to a small cafe, and we ordered a simple breakfast, consisting of orange juice and a breakfast burrito.

***

"Manchester, here we come!" I said after I took a deep breath from my inhaler.

"We're already here," Louis said bluntly.

"I meant to say Manchester Arena," I correct.

"Just to let you both know, we're already at the Arena," Liam said.

"I know that, I just can't wait till the meet and greet. We just need to have lunch, then we can come back," I said. I thought for a while. "My original quote was meant to be 'Manchester citizens, here we come'."

***

~Harry's POV~

"Hurry guys, the crowd is coming at three o'clock sharp!" Paul said. "Chop chop!"

"We're ready now," Zayn said. We all took a seat at the table provided for us.

"It's basically three, just let them come," Liam said.

"Wait!" I shouted. "Before we let everybody in, I need to find someone! Paul, come here."

Paul came over and I whispered to him.