Chapter 79

Chances POV

Why on earth would Tessa want to tell my mom? Oh well, maybe it will help her cope or something. Gosh she is confusing. I handed her my phone and she handed it back.

Tessa-"Don't worry, I have your moms number."

Chance-"what? Since when?!"

Tessa-"Oh umm since I met her. I text her all the time!"

Chance-"Oh my god..😂"

Tessa hit call.

Tessa-"Hey Jackie! "

Jackie-"Hi Tessa! Is Chance there too?"

Chance-"Yep! So like we have really big news."

Jackie-"Are you getting married?!"

Tessa and Chance-"No..."

Chance-"So umm Tessa.."

Tessa-"I'm pregnant!"

Jackie-"Yay in going to be a grandmother!!!"

We talked for a bit before Tessa hung up. I rested my hand on her inner thigh and she smiled at me. I took my other hand off the steering wheel and began to drive with my knee. She seemed really impressed that I could hold her hand, have a hand on her thigh and drove with my knee all at the same time. She laughed and we talked for a bit and then the subject of dads came up.

Tessa-"So what was your dad like? I've never met him."

Chance-"Uhhh he's not one you really want to meet. Besides he left when I was three and I haven't seen him since I was like, ten maybe?"

Tessa-"oh wow, I'm sorry I didn't mean to ask-"

Chance-"Its fine. I just never really talk about it. But honestly it's probably a good thing he left. "

Tessa-"Well my dad, birth dad, left when I was maybe like 9 months old? I'm not sure but I have two older sisters so they would know. But then when I was two my mom married Pag, and well that clearly didn't turn out so-"

She choked on her words and I stopped the car. I kissed her and she kissed back before I pulled her into a hug. I'm sorry I whisper.

Tessa-"Its not your fault. He always was a bit too over protective. Thanks for protecting me though."

Chance-"Id protect you anytime."

Tessa smiled and wiped her eyes.

Tessa-"Can we get pizza?! I've really been craving some!"

Chance-"Of course baby!"

I started the car and once again drove down the road. I placed my hand in Tessa's inner thigh and the world felt right. For once we could just enjoy ourselves. And that's rare...