💔🙇 (1)

"Jay,please. Don't go in there. You-"
"Erin, if I die. I want to go out doing what I love the most. My job."
The last conversation they had 8 years ago . Erin's Daughter is 12 while Erin is 35.
Erin's POV
"Okay Come one Emily."
I said trying to drag my daughter out of the house. She loved to sleep in. But we were doing something today. "But Mom....." She started.
"Come on....." I pulled her cover off.
"Fine,alright" she said. I had made her breakfast. "Pancakes... Thanks" she mumbled. As much additiude as she had I loved her. "These are really good." She said smiling. "Well. When you were younger your Dad made The best pancakes." I said laughing. That brought back old memories. I didn't talk about Jay a lot. Just a few reminders that I'd always love him. Ones I never seemed to need."why don't you talk about dad a lot?" She asked. She was looking through some old pictures. Me and Jay. Then some of all three of us."Well j mean you're old enough now." She looked at me."You're Dad he was, he was a hero. He was an awesome person..." "He left too soon. I told him not to go in. Losing him was like losing my best friend in fact, he was my best friend." I felt my voice beginning to get shaky. "Come on. Were going to be late." I said as i went to get dressed. That was almost as difficult as losing him. The next day after I dropped her off at school i called Hank to let him.know.i was going to be late. I went for a drive. "Hey Pam." I said. Jays mom house. "Erin. Hi" she said smiling. "I found something. I remember Jay talking about this." His name. Even the letter. Jay. I wanted to cry. I opened the box. It was a locket. It was beautiful. Inside two pictures. One of us before and one with Emily. Losing him was the worst possible thing that could happen... Or so I thought...