S I X T E E N

Previously on 'I can treat you better'
"Aren't you going to get that?". The Petrova lady smirked as she cocked an eyebrow. A knowing look spreaded onto her face almost as if she knew just who stood at the door.Amber,felt dread fill her insides.
What the hell was going to happen now?
***

Amber Fray,furrowed her brows as she eyed up the Petrova doppelganger. "What did you do?".

The Petrova,gasped "I didn't do anything,Amber though..." She paused,resting her chin onto her hand,a devious smirk visible. "Someone else might have done something".

Amber scoffed "You're sick". With that she stormed off towards her front door.

Swinging it open and embracing herself for the worst sight possible. Amber was surprised to find a pizza delivery boy instead. Alive,breathing and clean of blood.

She was sure the Petrova had done something terrible becoz she seemed to know something Amber didn't and she had that annoying all-knowing-evil-manipulative smirk on showcase the entire time!.

"Wow!". The pizza guy commented.

"Can I help you?".

"A number would be nice". The blonde haired pizza boy winked.

When he received a deadpan stare from the green eyed girl. He jutted the box forward,with a sigh. "Never mind. Delivery for Fray".

Amber,glanced at the box of outstretched pizza "But I didn't order it".

"Look,you're hot and stuff but I'm sorry that trick is not gonna work and I can't give you the pizza for free. The delivery was meant for this address and you're Fray right?"

Amber confusedly,nodded.

"Great! so could you make the payment please. I can't be late for the other deliveries".

The dark haired was about to clarify once more that she hadn't placed the order. When the all too familiar voice,she had grown to love intercepted.

"I agree, we can't keep people hungry". Kai Parker spoke up,leaning against the wall directly opposite her front door. He looked dashing, with his leg propped against the wall as a loose smirk played onto his lips.

Amber felt her heart flutter. Kai was here. He was okay. Relief flooded her along with happiness. The siphoner was finally in front of her.

Kai, stepped forward making the delivery boy move back,giving the reforming sociopath space to enter the apartment.

The blue/grey eyed boy,winked at the speechless girl. She looked adorable as surprise and shock covered her face. Her green eyes gleaming and filled with questions.

The siphoner witch took the box and inhaled the aroma. "Yum! Pizza. By the way I ordered this". Kai,briefly glanced at Amber as he shared the information on his hunger but he wanted to stop by ergo making him order the food at Amber's.

He looked at the delivery guy. "Would you hold this for me,hot stuff?". Kai placed the box into Amber's hand as he searched his pockets for some cash.

Hot stuff? What!

"I could just you know?... Kill-"

Amber's green eyes bulged out as she caught onto what Kai was contemplating and actually considering.

"Are you kidding me? No Kai! ". She swatted his hand away from the clueless delivery boy.

"Wait" Amber got her fringe satchel that was on the couch and pulled out some notes from it. She was about to hand them to the pizza boy when Kai stopped her.

"One second". He dug his fingers into his pockets,shuffled around a bit until he finally came up with the right amount.

"Here ya' go". Kai made the payment before shutting the door.

"A true gentleman always pays for the food". He stated in a matter of fact tone.

He walked over to the kitchen a few feet away to their right and propped himself on the bar stool at the breakfast table,as he began eating.

Amber had a ton of questions waiting to be answered. She was glad that Kai was here, in her home but what brought about the sudden change? Where was he? Though the most important one Amber decided to ask first.

Kai turned around,and raised a slice of pizza to Amber.

"Want some?". The blue/grey eyed supernatural,raised an eyebrow with a lopsided grin on his lips.

"Think you could tell me why you suggested killing the delivery boy just because you couldn't find the money for your meal!?". Her arms were folded,an eyebrow cocked and an expression that demanded answers clearly printed onto her face.

"Well,...-"

□ □

"Oh my god!... you killed her?!" Amber whisper yelled,still finding it hard to accept Kai's relapse.

"Yeah... I mean I had this 'inner war' ". Kai made air quotations around the words inner war as he rolled his eyes.

"Within myself. I really didn't want to kill her becoz she was quite pretty and nice and she so did not want to die". Kai casually spoke as he bit into a slice of pizza,his free hand animatedly making gestures.

"I thought about you and about not being a monster but it was a short lived emotion so I just killed her,she was bleeding out anyway". He shrugged.

Amber's mouth was agape as she rubbed her forehead with her hand. "What the actual fùck?!". She murmured.

"I know it was a horrible thing to do but we make mistakes yeah? I ruined her purple top though... my fingers were all bloody and it was the only available thing I could use to clean my hands up". He jutted his lip as he thought back to the murder he pulled in the alleyway. "I feel bad now. I'm really getting my emotions mixed up..."

Kai,finally noticed the unhappy Amber. He sighed,placed the slice of pizza down and walked over to the girl.

Placing his arms on her shoulders,her green eyes locked onto his blue/grey ones.

"Amber,relax. It was a moment of weakness. I'm - sorry". An innocent smile,one too innocent and cute for Kai was on his lips. "Sorry".

Amber,pushed his hands away. "Just..." she exhaled loudly "Make sure it doesn't happen again. You can't just kill people Kai. You merged with your twin which allowed you to gain parts of him and this empathy you've gained don't lose it. There's so much of good in you,Kai. Please". She pleaded.

Kai's expression softened as he nodded.

Their eyes stayed fixated as the blue from his mixed with the green from hers. Her fingers enveloped within his hands.

The moment broke when Kai pulled away so he could go back to devouring the pizza.

Why did Kai kill someone? He was fine ever since we met... Did I do something wrong?

Amber's eyes welled up with unshedded tears at the thought of her being the cause for his murder stunt.

She peeked at Kai,whom was busy snacking on the pizza as he twirled a pager in his hand. An unreadable expression on his face.

Kai was experiencing major emotional changes and thoughts to which Amber was unaware of.

What's happening with him?...

●\●\●

1000+ words makes up for the no update which I'm sorry about. I'm having a bit of a creative block with writing atm but there is lots more to come #Kamber.

There's one person who was the first to figure out the mystery woman FINALLY!

Dedication: Glader_Witch_Wolf

xo-
Adeela_Defan_TVD