Chapter 1: Not so lonley

Bella's POV

Being in California couldn't have been any easier! It's only my first few days here and I'm already in love with this environment. It's just me, myself, and I. Walking on the Hollywood walk-of-fame with a hot green tea in my hand on an early Saturday morning.
Nothing could ruin my da-
"Watch where your going!" I had gone completely blank until I had come to realize that I had knocked a girl on the floor and my poor tea had gone with her. Ugh that cost me 5 whole dollars! "I am so sorry! Here let me help you up." I act fast as I pull her up and pick up all her books that were on the ground. I swiftly hand them to her. I look to see that the girl had a volley ball shirt on and the books were all college books. But she looked to be at around age 16. "I'm sorry for my first remark. Thank you for helping me up." The girl said.
"No problem. I'm Bella Ashford. I just moved from Jacksonville, Florida."
"Alexis Miller. Hey, since your new here and I'm pretty bored, let's hang." Alexis stated. Hmm. Well she is social, pretty kind, seems smart. I think I like her already.
  "Let's do it Alexis." I say, with a smile. "Call me Lexie." I nod. We walk off and find a near cafe with tables outside. We decide to sit and chat for a few.
  "So, you seem like a very cool girl. Someone who I definitely don't mind hanging out with whenever. Why did you move to California?" Ale-Lexie asked me. "I'm going to be training here for a while at the 'State-Of-The-Art Archery Facility so I could attend the 2028 olympics." Man saying that never gets old.
I tell Alexis all about me and my goals and then I remember she was carrying college books around.  "Lexie how old are you?" I ask her.
"I'm sixteen. Why?" She asks. "Why are you carrying these college leveled textbooks around?" She smiles and answers. "I'm a college leveled student. I have a very high IQ level and plan to go to UCLA. I'm studying these textbooks as of right now to get a head start."  Lexie and I quickly became very close. I think it was best friends at first fall.
  After exchanging letters with Lexie and saying our goodbyes, I head off to do some grocery shopping at Walmart.
  I shop around, looking for food and drinks for my apartment, I get a sudden craving for watermelon. As I make my way to the watermelon section I hear a voice behind me.
   "Excuse me." I turn around to find a smiling blue-eyed boy with a tooth-gap.. somehow he pulls it off. "Yes?" I ask. "I know you will be very weirded out and uncomfortable when I ask this but can you please pretend to be my girlfriend?  My ex-girlfriend is here and I need to avoid her as much as possible."  The tall boy asked me with pleading eyes. I gave him a wierd look and smile. His face lights up and I giggle. "Okay I guess we could hold hands and you can follow me while I do my grocery shopping." I reply. I mean I literally have nothing to loose by helping out this guy. He's not too bad looking either but I don't need to pay much attention to that. Relationships are not my main focus right now. "Thank you so much!" The guys exclaims and quickly grabs my hand. I walk around with the guy as I remember to grab a watermelon. "You like watermelons?" He asks. "Yes I do.You?"  "I guess you could say I am fond of them." He says with a slight smile. It was kind of cute.
I walk over to the register and start to pay. "Okay you can help me bring all this stuff to the car. I'm sure your ex-girlfriend won't bother you now." I tell him. He nods.
  When we are done loading all my groceries into the back of my trunk he thanks me once again and asks for my number in case he ever needed my help with that girl again. me being in desperate need for friends around here gives it to him. As he walks off I start to realize that I did not see any other teen girls around the area. That boy was very smooth. I laugh by myself, not believing I had fallen for the oldest pickup trick in the book. I had just walked around a store for 30 minutes holding a random guy's hand and I didn't even get his name. Well if he tries to call me for his "crazy ex girlfriend" problems I'm totally going to show up so I could confront him.
   Smooth move boy. Very smooth.

_____________________________________
A/n
  I'm sorry, I laughed the whole time I wrote this. I think you ALL know who that boy is. Very smooth. I should learn from him. Anywho, if your a reader from my other book 'grafitti girl and his girl' then welcome back, I've missed you. If not then, welcome. Read those books. Also, that Lexie girl will be very important to this book.