Bad Enough

TREY GREGORY AMANTE

"How's your day?" I asked my brother while stretching my already aching back. As always, it was a rough day for me.

There are tons of things I still have to learn.  Everyday is a fucking busy day. I can't even find some quality time for myself. I only have ten minutes a day dor myself, and I am utilizing that to take a bath. It feels like even my breathing was planned and calculated.

(Fine?) Calix answered in a bored tone. I'm almost sure that he's painting something as always.

I have to move here in Massachusetts to train under Tito Tee. He's familiarizing me with everything about business. He's helping me to build connections and improve my credibility. Tito Carlos and Tito Trav are good, but Terrence Luer Amante is a fucking prodigy when it comes to business world.

"Where are you?" I asked him.

(Home) he replied with a sigh.

I closed me eyes then massaged the bridge of my nose. I didn't expect his answer.

After everything that happened, that house is the last place I would want to go to. It holds all the painful and bitter memories. That's where our lives crushed in a short span of time. And I know that my siblings feel the same.

Thalia chose to live here with Tito Tee and his family. Calix bought his own unit and stayed there, if not he's on Tito Carlos' house. Me, I don't have something permanent to stay. Kung saan kailangan, doon ako. Madalas sa opisina ng MA, o sa AGC, o kung saan si Tito Tee.

I am only 25 pero pakiramdam ko 40 na ako dahil sa dami ng responsibilidad ko. I have a struggling business to save. Sobrang napabayaan ni Daddy ang kompanya n'ya nang magkasakit si Mommy. Apat na taon na, pero hindi ko pa tuluyang naisasalba ang lahat. I am grateful for the help of my uncles, but there are a lot more of works I have to accomplish on my own. Hindi naman na bagsak ang kompanya, but it's not yet back on its used to be glory.

The airline of my mother's family was also entrusted to me. Nandyan pa naman si Tito Carlos pero kailangan ko nang simulan na pag-aralan ang pagpapatakbo sa MA. It was stated on my mother's last will that I'll have everything. Walang anak si Tito Carlos, so I'll be the sole heir. For that reason, I was forced to be a pilot. It was never my dream to be one. I always wanted to be a businessman, just like my Dad.

When I was in college, pinagsabay ko ang dalawang program. I have to be a pilot for the airlines, but I also have to be a businessman to take care of my father's properties until Thalia and Calix are ready to handle what rightfully theirs. As long as I can, I want to give comfortable lives for those two. Ayoko na maging masyadong malaki ang impact ng maagang pagkawala ng mga magulang namin. I don't want them to carry the same cross I am carrying. I don't want to take their youth from them.

I obliged myself to be the mother and father of my siblings. I want them to enjoy everything that can make them happy. If I could, I'll get rid of anything that can be their burden. They don't have to be stressed with all the responsibilities of everything that our parents left for us. Masyado pa silang bata para sa mga responsibilidad. There's a reason why I was born first. Ako ang kuya, kaya hanggang kaya ko, ibibigay ko ang lahat para sa kapakanan nila. Gusto ko na kahit wala na sila Mommy at Daddy, manatiling magaan ang buhay ng mga kapatid ko. I want nothing but their happiness. They're my top priority. I am taking care of the businesses for their bright future.