Platonic Love

Skyler Tristan Del Bosque

"How's life?" Avery asked me with a naughty smile on her face.

Wednesday nights are 'Tantan and Avy' night. We promised that we'll spend all the Wednesday nights with each other for the rest of our lives.

We have this silly belief that we are soul mates. Not in a romantic way, but we believed that our fates were tied with a strong bond. We're like twins from different parents. We're lifetime companions.

We promised that we'll stay on each others' side even the whole world is against us. And that's a promise I intend to keep for the rest of my life.

I smirked at her. "Happy."

She raised a brow. "You're really smitten."

I simply shrugged my shoulders.

I poured our glasses with the wine she brought. We're on our favorite place, the water tank on their village. From up here, we can freely watch the whole village and the sky above us.

We clicked our glasses together then we took a sip.

"I hope you still spend all your Wednesday nights with me even you're with Casey," her tone was laced with sadness. She rested her head on my shoulder.

I placed my arm around her shoulder. "Of course. You're still my second favorite girl," I leaned my head on hers. "I am yours every Wednesday night," I assured her.

She moved a little then I felt her hand on my back. "Why do I have this silly feeling that I'm gonna miss you?" she's hugging me now. "Cassidy is almost nineteen. Soon, your relationship will be official," I can even imagine her pout.

I stroke her hair. "You're jealous?"

She nodded. The best thing I like about Avy, she's always honest with her feelings. Pride doesn't matter to her. She's always brave to admit what she really feels.

I wrapped my arms around her then I swayed a little. "There's nothing to be scared of. I am still your Tantan. I am still your best friend."

Her grip on me tightened. "Paano kung magselos s'ya sa akin? What will you do? Iiwasan mo ko? Papabayaan mo na ko?"

I chuckled. "I will never do that," I sweetly said.

"Of course there will be limitations!" she exclaimed. "Thinking about it, I want to cry," she sobbed.

I sighed. Next week will be Casey's nineteenth birthday. As agreed, papayagan na ni Tito Nexiel na maging kami, officially.

"You can't spend your time on me. 'Di na kita pwedeng kulit-kulitin kapag wala akong magawa. 'Di na kita pwedeng yayain kumain ng kwek-kwek. 'Di na kita pwedeng i-videocall kapag malungkot ako. 'Di na ko pwede mag-selfie sa phone mo," she cried. "I will lose you."

I pressed a kiss on top of her head. She's seriously crying.

"Avy naman. Mag-gi-girlfriend lang naman ako. Hindi pa naman ako mamamatay," I joked.

"Syempre, we have to consider what she will feel. I can't do all the things we used to do. We can't go on dates. I can't hug you na," she complained. She looked up at me. I bit my lip when I saw her crying. I wiped her tears with my thumb. "I feel like this night is a farewell."

I sighed before I pulled her closer to me.

"You're crazy," I said, but I can feel her sadness.