Adam Cleavan

"Engineer, lunch?" Wendy, one of the junior architect offered

I smiled at her then shook my head. "I'm good. You can go ahead."

My whole team went out of the conference room. I was left with the deafening silence and my thoughts. 

I saw her. After almost a year, I saw her again. And it still hurts. 

I gave her my all. Saan pa ba ako nagkulang? She's been always my priority. I can drop anything else for her. She's the center of my universe. 

It's almost a year. Almost a fucking year. But here I am, still thinking why she left me. 

Sapat na rason na ba 'yong nagsawa na s'ya? 

I did everything. I strive to be the best. In our three years together, I know that I satisfied her. I did everything any woman would want. Flowers, chocolates, romantic dates, serenade... in every seconds of my breath, I made her feel special. I respected and love her with my best. With my all. 

What went wrong? 

Kulang ba ako? Ano ba'ng mali sakin? 

When she left me, all I do is to improve myself. I worked hard for my career to grow. Gusto ko na umunlad ang sarili ko para makuha ko s'ya ulit. Para makita n'ya na higit na ako sa dating Adam na minahal n'ya. I can love her better now. I will love her better and better in each passing day. 

Damn. I love her!

There are a lot of reasons not to love her. She's a bitch, demanding, a real pain in the ass, too proud of herself, she felt like she's a goddess I need to worship, she's a close-minded person, she never cared about the feelings of others, she's selfish most of the time, and list can go on and on.

But I don't care about her flaws. I learned to love them, because they're part of her. 

I love her because it's her. I love her because she's my Tiana Miracle. 

But I am just an Adam Cleavan. And the man beside her is a Nixon Gareth, a fucking Vergara. 

I want to be mad. Gusto ko na magalit sa kanya dahil sa tanginang kababawan n'ya. Pero mahal ko pa din s'ya. Mahal na mahal. Hindi ko na nga alam kung bakit pa. Sobrang katangahan na, pero mahal ko pa din s'ya. 

And I'll do everything to have her back. Because she's mine. I was her first love, and I want to be her last. 

Tiana Miracle is mine. Mine alone. 

"You'll love me again, mahal ko" I uttered while looking at her picture on my phone. 

Jeez, Adam, you're hopeless.

____________________

September 14, 2017 - 23:23