Manliligaw

Skyler Tristan Del Bosque

I never been this nervous my whole life.

Pakiramdam ko ay sinusunog na ako nila Tito Nathaniel at Tito Nexiel sa mga tingin nila. Hindi ko inaasahan na ganito pala ang magiging pangyayari kapag niligawan ko na si Cassidy sa mismong bahay nila.

"Tito Nex," kinakabahang sabi ko na hindi ko naman natapos dahil nilisikan n'ya ako ng mga mata.

He's different from the charming and all-smile Nexiel Vergara I knew.

"Don't call me Tito. Hindi kita pamangkin," masungit na sabi n'ya.

Napangiwi nalang ako.

How can I show them that I am serious with Cassidy?

I don't even know why they're against the idea of me and Casey. I was never a playboy. Ni hindi pa nga ako nagkaka-girlfriend. Sure, I counted dates and flings, but I'm never the type who'll play along with their feelings.

Wala akong naaalalang babaeng umiyak dahil sakin. Kung mayroon man, hindi ko iyon ginusto at hindi ko 'yon sadya.

Binatukan ni Tita Courtney and asawa n'ya.

"Stop being an asshole, Nexiel. You're scaring the kid," she said in a commanding tone.

"He's far from being a kid. He's years older than my sweet Cassidy!" Tito Nexiel insisted.

I cleared my throat. "Just four years, Tito. And I am serious with your daughter."

"Kung seryoso ka sa pamangkin ko, bakit ka pumayag na maging lihim ang isang taon na panliligaw mo? Aren't you man enough to face us?" tanong naman ni Tito Nate. He's always intimidating.

"I just do as she pleased. I am actually thankful that we're done hiding now. I don't know how can I do it, but I will prove myself to you. My intention is clean and I really do love Cassidy," I said with conviction.

"Why do you love her?" Tito Nate asked in a serious tone. His intently looking at me, and it's really intimidating.

I cleared my throat once more. I find it hard to answer. Pakiramdam ko kasi, kahit na ano'ng isagot ko ay mali para sa kanila.

"'Wag kang sasagot na walang dahilan kung bakit mo s'ya mahal dahil kapag nawala 'yon rason na 'yon ay mawawalan ka na ng dahilan para mahalin s'ya," masungit na sabi ni Tito Nex.

Napakamot ako ng ulo. Tumikhim ulit ako saka ko seryosong tinignan si Tito Nate "I love her because she can make my heart flutter every time I see her smile. I love her because she can give me unexplained pleasure every time she utters my name."

Tito Nate seemed surprise with my answer. And I was surprised when I saw the corner of his eyes watered.

"He loves her," he said then he stood up and went upstairs.

Tita Courtney smiled at me. "I want you to court my unica hija the traditional way. Hindi ko kasi naranasan kay Nexiel ang ligawan kaya gusto ko na iparanas mo 'yon kay Casey. And you can't have your label unless Casey turns nineteen. You also have to report to me about every move you plan to make on her," she extended her hand on me. "How does this sound?" she asked with all smile. It's clear that she's excited with the idea.

I nodded my head then I shook her hand.

"Thank you, Tita," I smiled.

"Not so fast!" Tito Nexiel butted in. He snatched Tita's hand from my grip. "You're not allowed to hold her, or hug her, and definitely you can't kiss her! You need my permission if you want to take her out. And I'll appoint a bodyguard on her."