Nine

I inserted the rose behind the statue's neck but it didn't move. "That's weird" i said, looking down at it.

"Maybe it's been a while since you used your magic" Hoseok smiled and took the statue from the bird. I was speechless, it doesn't make any sense at all

"It's okay" Hoseok said when he saw me still thinking about it. My eyebrows narrowed. "No.. it's just weird" I told him.

"No worries. It's just need some practice. I once was like that too because didn't use my magic for a while" He smiled and walked to the door. "Im going to buy something from the supermarket"

"Are the kids become the cashier too?" i asked q stupid question, makes him stopped as sokn as he opened the door. "No they aren't" He laughed. "We created a machine for that" He shook his head while laughing.

"Oh and dont go anywhere. My keys has lost so im in process to create another"

I gave him a thumb up and he walked away from there.

There's nothing much i can do, i watched the tv, playing with my phone and ate. That's all.

"Im bored" i looked down to my handwatch and realised it's been three hours. "Gosh, where the hell is Hoseok? He must went to see ryu too" I groaned and stood by the door frame after opened it

"If only i can call Mary to come here" i scoffed and sat down. That's when i saw something suddenly appeared in front of my house, a wolf!

Quickly, i stood up and wanted to close the door but the wolf bowed to me. I stopped my action and slowly opened the door. I notice there was a stick between the teeth which has a note in it.

It approached me and sat down, just like a dog.

Carefully, i took the stick and took out the note as i read it. My eyes widened when realised it was a present from the king, this wolf is mine.

"I know you are not ready to turn any of the kids into puppets. Not even the animals. But here, i really hope u can take care of it and make sure it is taking care of you too. This wolf isn't a real animal, it is a robot with a skin and fur of wolf"

I lifted my head and smiled at him. "So.. you are my.. guardian?" i asked. The wolf came closer to me and lied down next to me, showing that it was comfortable with me.

"Aww" i chuckled and pulled it closer. "Anyway, let's give u a name" I smiled while brushing the fur. "How about Leo"

"Okay Leo, let's go inside" I smiled and brought him in. But then i stopped, i thought of something. "Can u go and call Mary?" I asked.

Leo just nodded and went out from there to call for Mary. It's surprising me to see Leo understands my request and not too long after, someone knocked my door.

I opened to see Leo and Mary were there, in front of the door. "Leo you are so clever!" I said and gave a warm hug. "Do u have anything to ask me?" Mary asked with a smile on. "No, it's just i want to ask u if u can stay with me. Im bored" I chuckled.

"Of course..... miss eve" she smiled. "No need miss with me. Starting from now, im your sister" I gave a kind smile

"unnie My shift is over so it's okay" She smiled bright and we both came inside. We spent the time together, watching a movie, eating and even sleep.

Mary and Leo were sleeping soundly. I dont really think that Leo is a robot, i mean, it got heartbeat and it knows how to feel tired and other emotions too.

My eyes slowly opened and sat up as i stroked my hair to the back. The clock showed 9 p.m, Hoseok still didn't come home yet. "Where is he?" I asked myself and went to my bedroom to grab my phone.

Once i did, i saw a message and few missed calls from Hoseok.

"Sorry i will be late. Ryu wants to meet me for a discussion"

I sighed and closed the message then went downstairs.

I stopped as i gasped when i realised Mary wasn't there anymore. "Leo" I woke it up and asked "Where is she? Where is mary?" i asked.

Leo just looked around clueless and stood up when it sense something unusual.

"Unnie!!" Mary screamed from upstairs. Leo and I quickly ran upstairs, to find Mary was inside with a person that was about to kill her with a knife.

Leo ran toward him and pushed him away from there. I wanted to save her but another guy showed up.

He kicked me away right on my stomach and took out a knife.

"Dont! She need to be alive! Kill the girl" The other one said and the guy on top of me went to chase Mary.

As soon as he got up from me, I stood up and used my ability to create a big snowman. I used my hand to control the snowman as it went downstairs and caught the guy in its arms.

I told Mary to go along with Leo, run to the palace. Slowly, i went out from the house with a hand to the front so my power to control the puppet won't disappear. But once i can't see the snowman, it disappeared into red ashes and the both unknown person were chasing after me to the palace

"Hoseok!!" i shouted his name when i was about to reach after 5 minutes of running.

Hoseok came out and i bumped into him because he heard Leo's howl. I was afraid, i've never fought someone before. I stood closer as i grabbed his shirt and he held me. Using his another hand, he sent them floated in the air by controlling using his hands and about to ask them but Ryu came out.

"Dont come near them" He said, commanding Hoseok. We both looked at him. "But we need to know who sent them and why" I said, narrowing my eyebrows. He shut his mouth and nodded as he told us "put them in the cell" before he went back in.

Hoseok looked at them, confusedly and angry at the same time. I suddenly realised something, something which is obvious but i just found out now.

After they be brought into the cell in basement, i called out for Hoseok.

"Im sorry i wasn't there--"

"It's okay. I just want to ask.. you are not a normal magician.. aren't you?"

"What do u mean?" He laughed. "Magician can only do simple illusions, simple tricks and something that almost we think impossible but actually there are thousands of tricks. But.. yours--"

"Let's just talk about this in the morning" he smiled and pushed me slightly to walk away but i stopped and hesitated. "Im not coming home with you unless u tell me first who are u actually"

He eyed me and sighed heavily.

"Promise me u won't think any nonsense things" he said, looking directly at me. I just nodded as a reply.

"I once a normal magician but when the other adults were still here, i found out that they will go to war. I know that i won't get to protect my family or even myself if im that weak. So.. i met a witch in a cave. He.. gave me this power, i can make incredible things with this magic. More illusions, more controllung things, but no more tricks, only helps by the demons"