Thirty-two

He dragged me to sit next to Hanmi and makes us held hands.

"At this point, you will start to work with her" He smiled, looking at the tired Hanmi. "What the fck? No!" i shouted, wanted to let go of Hanmi's hand but a force kept me down, can't move away from there.

"Don't forget i learn sorcery too" he told me before he looked to the end of the corridor. Ryu was there, with Hoseok by his side.

"What did u do to him?!" I shouted to see Hoseok wad bleeding badly. Ryu didn't say anything and just laughed, walking to us while dragging Hoseok.

"You asshole!" I shouted, wanted to beat Ryu up real good but i was still on the ground, can't move at all. "It's pointless, none of u can escape this world. You need to be the next puppetter, and this guy, be grateful that he is in charge of dad's heart or i would've killed him already" he smirked and looked to the king.

"Where do i put him?" Ryu asked the king. "Put him to where the man is. Let them meet for the last time" The King spoke with an evil smile.

"What do u mean? They know each other??" i asked in shock, while looking at both of them. "Such a pity that he didn't tell you. I dont think he loves you that much" Ryu shrugged and walked away from there aftef i shot him a glare and before i could say anything.

"Explain!" i shouted to the King. He smiled, down to me. "No need to. You are not worth it"

•••

I sat there, looking down to the slaves down there doing their works. My feelings were mixed up, sad, angry, disappointed, worried.

I can't stop thinking about Hoseok, what's his relation with the old man, is he his father? But he told me his father was dead in the war.

My eyes widened in sudden when i realised it. None of them died in war, they are trapped here. He could be Hoseok's father.

The King was nowhere in sight and i took the chance to let go of myself. Hanmi suddenly spoke "You really are sacrificing your soul" She smiled weakly.

"I need to end all of these. I will bring you home" I said and gestured to go by letting go of her hand but it was useless. I was still glued to her, no matter what i do.

"He is strong. Do not make him angry" Hanmi reminded me, she was worried about all of us. "i won't. But i know how to defeat him. I just need to release myself first"

Hanmi thinked hard about any way to release my hand but no point. The King came, on his way to us again. Quickly, i sat down, acted like nothing happened.

"Good girl" He said. "If u act this way all the time, i could adopt you as my daughter"

I stayed in silence, dont want to reply anything or i could get us in trouble. I just nodded, showing 'little' fake respect to him.

He likes to see me that way, it softened his heart and calmed down.

In sudden, i can hear a voice inside my head.

"Act like nothing"

I was too shocked and happy to hear Hoseok's voice. A drop of tear fell onto my cheek once know that he's okay.

"I have a plan. But i need you to caught his attention. Do anything as long as he dont go anywhere"

I nodded and the voice disappeared from my head.

The King suddenly wanted to walka way from there, but i quickly spoke up. "Release me!" i shouted.

He was annoyed, my former attitude was back again and turned to me. "Can u just be quiet like just now u did??" He asked. "I can't. Im freaking tired to hold hands like this, release me!"

He turned around right away and walked toward me. "Im not a fool, you will run away"

"And im not a fool, to run away alone!"

He stared directly to me for a moment before he moved his hand and the spell was broken. I dont have to hold Hanmi's hand again and i massaged it due to sore.

He gestured to walk away but i used my spell and created abnormal fox, showed up near Hanmi.

"Yah!" i shouted, pointing to Hanmi. The King turned around once again and saw the red fox near the puppeteer. "What-- Where does it comes from?!" The King was frustrated.

"Use your power to stop it!" He thought that the fox was real. "You told me i can't use anything if i want to be safe" i explained throughout what he said before.

He groaned amd used his ability to begone the fox but secretly, i hid my hand behind my hip and moved the fox around, preventing it from get hit by The King's spells.

"Damn it!" He growled out loud and used his strong power just to destroy the small fox. He was too frustrated and couldn't control himself. That's when he saw red ash, and looked at me right away.

"You created this!" He shouted and choked me by the neck then slammed me against the wall hardly. "You are a useless puppeteer!!" he shouted angrily.

When i was about to out of breathe, the king released me and grabbed his chest, tightly.

He winced in pain and fell onto the floor, looking down to his chest. "My heart!" he shouted in shocked and afraid then ran away from there, seeking for his heart in cube.

I wanted to chase after him eventhough i was still gasping for air. Unexpectedly someone grabbed me and turned me to faced him. "How are u?"

Ryu asked worriedly. "Y-You!" I held out my hand but i was too weak now to even use my power. He caught me from falling and slowly put me down onto the ground. "Hoseok told me to be here, watch after you. You can trust me now"

"Where is Hoseok?" i asked.

"Melting the ice cube"