Sixteen

That night, i knew something was wrong and i wanted to know the truth behind all of these.

I escaped and went to the Palace alone, accompanied by Leo by my side because he suddenly woke up. "Dont make any noise" i reminded Leo and sneaked into the Palace.

As Leo waited on the ground, i found a way to climb and as i did, i saw Ryu was sleeping soundly in his room. I couldn't see clearly because of the curtains covered the window.

"Why does it feels uneasy?" I asked myself. Out of sudden, something beeped in his room, as blue lightened the room. Quickly, Ryu woke up and sat up as he bended down to take something under his bed.

Once he took the thing, i couldn't see his expression or the thing he wad holding because his back was facing me. Shockingly, he suddenly turned around after a while but i succeed to hid by the wall.

My heartbeats became faster, i couldn't control my breathe because too nervous and scared. I shouldn't do this, but curiousity took over me.

Slowly, i peeked again and saw he fell asleep again, making me relieved a bit. I climbed down and went to Leo. "Let's go home" I decided to go home because of the incident, clearly i wasn't ready for this.

•••

The next day, Hoseok brought me along to tha palace because Ryu told him so. Hoseok told me to bear with it, and he spoke with me his last words before he changed to his demonic self "Believe in me"

We stood in front of Ryu, Hoseok with his emotionless expression while me filled with anger.

"What do u want, i've finished my work" i said, rolling my eyes from him. Still unsatisfied with his manners from before.

"No you aren't until the war ends. I want u to know that the war is coming soon and prepare yourself"

"I know what i need to do. Shut yourself" I hissed and gestured to walk away. But suddenly Hoseok grabbed my hand, forced me to look at him. "It's rude to not say goodbye to the king" The demon in Hoseok's body said with an evil smile.

My both eyes narrowed. Why Hoseok will change just when in front of Ryu?

"I will, soon. when it's the right time" i said, more to a threat to Ryu. I can see his annoyed face showed up when he watched me leaved.

I closed the door behind me and walked away from there, wanted to meet the old woman once again.

But the moment i arrived, my mouth opened apart when i saw she wasn't there and looked around like a crazy girl. Suddenly i heard someone was crying, mumbling something caught my attention. At first it gave me chills but i recignised the voice and ran to where the voice came from.

A body be found near the lake and sge was panting hard. In fast motion, i ran to her and kneeled down, preventing the water from hit her face. She couldn't move at all. "Grandma--"

I shut my mouth when i suddenly called her as my grandma. She smiled weakly and nodded, telling it's okay for me to call her that way.

i gasped to see the water turned red when it passed grandma's body. I checked underneath and saw an injury on her stomach. "Oh my god" I pulled her closer to me and hugged her because she was in pain.

"He came, stabbing me with a knife" She coughed blood and tried hard not to give up. "What? who is he??" i asked. "I dont know... he attacked me from behind and my vision blurred"

"He arranged everything, he cooperate with them, the others are not dead-" she grabbed my shirt. "Do not proceed with the war" she shook her head before she breathed out her last breath and closed her eyes.

Tears fell onto my cheeks, as i shouted and pulled her closer, hugged her tightly. "No dont die" I said in suffers, we just know each other for a while but deep in my heart, i have the feeling of love toward her just like a grandchild to a grandmother. But now, she's gone, leaving me alone there.

•••

I covered my face with both hands, trying to calm myself and stopped myself from crying. Drop by drop if tears, fell, showing how sad and angry i was.

I stood up right away, created a sword and held it before i went to the palace, searching for Ryu.

He was planning something when i broke in. I pointed the end of the sword to his throat, glaring at him with hatred.

"Why did u do that!" i yelled. He was scared, he looked at me and to the outside again. "Where are the guards" he asked.

"You killed her" i said as i used my mind to bring the guard into the hall where we were in. "She was innocent, just an old woman. How could you do that" I said, almost burst into tears.

"What have u done to them" Ryu asked while looking to those kids as guard. "Im the puppeteer, i can control them"

"And im the magician, i can control you. Now let go of the sword" Hoseok said from behind.

When i tilted my head to him, i realised there were four swords from each side, pointing to my neck. All of them were targetting my neck, making a circle. If i move an inch, one of them will cut me for sure.

"Release the king"