Twenty-five

"I can't believe u let her go!" I heard Ryu shouted from down there to the demon. "I will find her, for sure" The demon spoke and disappeared from there.

"What happened to you?" I asked, and placed my sword by my side before i kneeled down.

She didn't say anything and held out one of her hands to me, placing onto my forehead.

My eyes went blank and my mouth opened a bit apart before i travelled to another dimension with my mind. It was flashbacks.

Someone was there, standing with a sword in his hand, commanding everyone just like Ryu did but he is older than him. The town.. filled with adults and kids but soon, the war began and the adults went to fight for justice. This woman, was controlling them, she's a puppeteer.

every adults disappeared, leaving the kids behind when a smoke appeared, the same smoke.

This is the old woman's memories, she was there too and they appeared to somewhere else, which is here. She was confused and worried, but not the other adults. They were under her spell, they were her puppets.

But then, they began to become slaves and did everything. This woman was forced to control them until now.

Everyhing was the same, who was the guy from before? what does this mean?

When i came to my sense, she removed her hand from my forehead and looked to the front back.

"He asked for my help in order to not let them get hurt in war, but he lied. He just wanted them to work for him, without knowing how to feel tired"

"is he--"

"He is the King, his wife has passed away due to heart attack but has a son named Ryu"

My eyes widened and the sword next to be disappeared when i almost fell because felt too shock.

"That's the king- his father- they planned this and trapped us, the puppeteers" I was speechless and stuttered, dont know what to do and say.

"How did u managed to control them until this moment??" i asked in surprised. "I can't. But i need to. That's why my diamonds are changing grey, you know what's that about right" She smiled weakly.

"But you can't just die because of this! i mean, you wasted your life.."

"I need to. There's no other way" she shook her head. "It's been a year but i never stop using my power since then"

"Im sorry I used one of the armies, to attack you. The King was right next to me that time, telling me to attack you, just to make u unconscious but you, young lady, brave and sharp enough to stop it" She chuckled and coughed then looked forward again.

"No, im not going to let you be here alone, dying here. Come!" i said and helped her to get up and walked away from there. She was still controlling the pullets using her mind, makes me worried about her condition.

But as soon as i placed her down onto the bed in an empty room, she closed her eyes and smiled. "This feels nice" she spoke, makes me sad. "Stay, i will turn everything to normal" I said.

She was too comforted with the bed, forgot and lost to control the puppets, the spells were gone and they returned to normal people back again.
Her eyes changed back to normal and looked at me with a weak but happy smile. "It's been a long time since i got my eyes back" she spoke with a low tone and held my hand in her hand.

Out of sudden, an arrow shot passed my head and stucked on the wall in front of me. I gasped out loud and turned around to see Ryu was there with a bow and arrow in his hands.

"You are so brave to come here pretty one" Ryu chuckled and about to shoot me another arrow. But i avoided and ran away from there, leaving the woman behind. I was sure that he won't hurt the woman because she is needed, same as me but i guess they need to force me or kill me first.

I used my power to created shields each time he shot with the arrows. I was too tired and didn't watch to the fornt as i fell down the stairs and hit my head several times until i reavhed the ground.

"Ow.." i held my head and quickly hid myself in the dark when i heard footsteps near the place. He went downstairs, searching for me. My eyes accidentally saw a small door, fit for someone to get out from there by bending down a bit.

I pushed the door with the force of energy from my hand from afar and the door opened wide, caught his attention.

"fck!" he cursed and ran to the door, escaping through it which he thought i was going out from there.

Quickly, i closed the door and locked it, as i looked around to discover the place that creep me out because i feel the cold breeze just from inside the underground place.

When i turned on the light, i went speechless, i was too shocked to see what's in front of me.

Corpses, about five adults, sealed with ice around them.