Ch. 20

Sorry i may have rushed this chapter a little, but that's ok.

Harold sat alone in an empty house, a cheap one bedroom apartment on the other side of the city, the only things that were inside was a small sofa, an old fuzzy box T.V, a queen size bed in the small bed room, and a wasted Harold Squarepants sprung out over the kitchen table, a pile of divorce papers spread across the small round table.

A few picture frames sat on the kitchen counter, one picture of him and his ex wife, another with a picture of Spongebob posing for his high school yearbook pictures, and one with all three of the Squarepants family, Spongebob must've been at least eight in the family photo.

*Smash*

Harold stood up after throwing an empty bottle at the wall, kicking over the table, papers flying everywhere. In a blind rage everything went to the trash, anything he could get his hands on he either threw, or kicked across the room. Screaming in pain as he was forced to be reminded of his beloved son's death.

Dropping to his knees he picked up a broken picture frame one which had Spongebob's high school picture, he took the picture out of the broken glass and dusted it off, bringing it into his chest he began to cry, "H, ha, I'm sorry." he cried, "I'm so, sorry, please forgive me." he cried as he turned his head up to the tombstone planted in front of him.

Harold placed a small bouquet of daisies on the grass, along with the picture, "I love you, I'm so sorry, I, I'd give anything to have you back, I'm sorry." he cried as he fell forward onto the grass, ripping it out, the sound of thunder startled him, and the rain came down heavy, but he didn't want to leave, he had nowhere else to go.

He could see, and hear the rain around him, but he couldn't feel it, it was strange, he looked up to find there was an umbrella shielding him from the rain, he turned his head to look at who was holding it.

"Dad." his beautiful voice rang through his head, "Sp, Spongebob." he called out to him, quickly standing up, he forced the boy in a tight hug, tears of joy rolling down his cheeks as he realized that he had been dreaming all along.

"W, whoa, D, dad, what's going on, wh, why are you crying?" Spongebob asked him, Harold pulled him out of the hug, "I love you, son, don't you ever forget that, do you hear me, don't you forget it, oh, I am so happy that you're ok."

"Where are we going?" Spongebob asked his dad who pushed him in his wheelchair, Harold smiled, "it's a surprise."

The automatic doors opened to the outside world, a place that the sponge had dearly missed, it had been so long since he'd been out, he had forgotten how good the cool current felt against his skin.

Spongebob smiled glee at he stared up at the clear blue sky, the clouds slowly moved across the sky, and the beautiful flowers and trees in the garden waved at him as the wind filled his pores.

He had never witnessed something so magical, this was the best feeling he'd felt in long time since he been entered the hospital, having been breathing the stale air of dying fish and cleaning products, the fresh salty air scented with the slight fragrance from the flowers was a thousand times better.

The sounds of distant laughter, and the buzzing of the graceful Jellyfish filled his ears.

Spongebob looked at his father, a smile brighter than the sun itself stayed glued to his face, tears of joy filled the rim of his eyes.

His attention was taken away when something drifted over his father's head, graceful in its movement, it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen, but, what was it? What was this beautiful creature?

"D, dad, what is that thing?" Spongebob asked as his eyes followed the graceful creature.

Harold looked up, smiling, "that son, is a Jellyfish." he answered, "oh wow, a fish made out of jelly!" Spongebob spoke, Harold laughed, "no, it's not made out of jelly, they make jelly." Harold informed.